Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an opinion on predator carbs? My boat has a 460, some supposed custom grind comp cam, ot's, tunnel ram and above mentioned carbs. I've heard good things, but wanted to know if anyone has experience with them on a jet boat.

· Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion on predator carbs? My boat has a 460, some supposed custom grind comp cam, ot's, tunnel ram and above mentioned carbs. I've heard good things, but wanted to know if anyone has experience with them on a jet boat.
Any pictures of the set up ?

I don't know anything about the carbs though but I've heard some good stuff about them after some tuning.

S CP :D

· mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
local guy here who builds t-bucket bodies runs a pair on his lil blown sbc in 1 of his personal t-buckets. he really likes em and when i rode with him, they were very responsive. said they were tuff to get to idle correctly but that was bout it. i dig anything outta the ordinary:)devil

· Registered
4,674 Posts
i guy from south arkansas runs them on a tunnel jet.

we talked with him last year and he said that they are alittle tricky to tune,but once your there you will love them.he might be full of shit heck if i know :D

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll see if I can get some pics up later. I've only had it about 10 days. It seems like it wants to load up pretty easy, but that is just on the trailer. Callies customs has some rebuild kits I guess I should order. I don't think predator is in business anymore.

· Registered
372 Posts
I had one on mine at one time, best throttle response out of any carb I ever had on the boat, it was instant RPM. Only time I went thru a full tank and ran out of gas on the water. Kind of finicky, was hard to start when the engine was cold, looks are way cool, takes a while to get one right, carry some spare gaskets if your messing around with one because you wont find one unless you mail order it.

· Registered
361 Posts
Here is a pic of the set up. Hope it works well.
Hey is that boat for sale a couple of months ago? Are you from Waller? If its loading up you might need to go to a smaller cam in the carb? How much motor do you have? I have a set I am gonna run on my Blower motor.

· Premium Member
226 Posts
I had one a long time ago on my Nova and loved it! What kind of fuel press are you running? Seemed to me that if it was on the high side, the carb ran real rich. Once its dialed in though, you can pretty much forgetaboutit!!
Love to be different too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.