Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
I found this more interesting than anything else:

How much of a loss? Some indication can be found in the peak horsepower numbers Hyundai recently released for its new Genesis sedan. On premium, the 4.6-liter V-8 engine is rated at 375 horsepower. On 87-octane regular, it is 368.
When in the hell did Hyundai come out with a 375HP V8??? :D

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
I found this more interesting than anything else:

When in the hell did Hyundai come out with a 375HP V8??? :D

Umm, recently. And they dropped it in a pretty nice car. Kinda changes that whole stereotype Hyundai thing.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Kinda changes that whole stereotype Hyundai thing.
Yeah, not really. That stereotype still has quite a bit of life left in it... :)sphss:D

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
How many of you use premium because you think you have to??? According to this article you really dont need to??

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/automobiles/03OCTANE.html?no_interstitial

Deano

http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore

Tough call.... Octane and pinging have been an issue since we started burning fuel and compression dictates that.

I don't think I would run my 10:1 motor and bet the farm it's gonna hold up. Not to mention, if something does happen and the manufacture tells me to pound sand, was it worth the extra 40 bucks everytime I fill up...? 40 here and there or 50K if they say I voided the warranty.

·
WHTBRD
94 Posts
I would disagree

Anyone with a vehicle that is chipped better run high octane. Especially if you are towing or under load.

Example:
New Tahoe + boat + super chip = pinging + grenaded motor

It was kind of funny to look at the warranty slip and see a line item:
Engine $0.00

:D

·
WHTBRD
94 Posts
Anyone with a vehicle that is chipped better run high octane. Especially if you are towing or under load.

Example:
New Tahoe + boat + super chip = pinging + grenaded motor

It was kind of funny to look at the warranty slip and see a line item:
Engine $0.00

:D
And even better that it was not my stuff.....

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Damfino but in super hot weather 91 octane really seems to run better in the 8.1.
"Gas Pedal Feels Silky" says the wifie.
Ahh hell, I dunno.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
How can a dealer tell what octane you run in your car?? Is there a computer chip or something?? After you grenade your motor you could get some cans and fill it with 91??

Deano

http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore
The last time I blew up a motor, they tested the oil in the vehicle to make sure it was inside the crankcase during the explosion. With the fuel.... I have no idea, you would probably have to blow the 91 octane through the fuel system. :)sphss

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
The power change is nothing new......In 1990 my new Toyota 4x4 v-6 was rated for 91 octane but the manual said if you ran 87 it would get about 5 less hp via the computer adjusting. If the computer knows the differance (probablty due to cylinder temps or something), then I'd guess a tech would be able to tell by what the computer tells him.

RTJas :D

·
Banned
4,957 Posts

I think it's the best looking combination of Civic, Celica and and Eclipse, styling ever done by Hyundai.:D
I do like the 2 door coupe. The sedan looks like anything else out there. To have that kind of power in a rear wheel drive coupe, and most likely an affordable sticker will likely be a hit with the younger gens that play with tuners and generally don't buy into the American market, Ford Mustang in particular.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts