Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
"Tested against the rest.......still the best! Happy and safe boating to all!"

You have got to be making this statement as a "Seller", I know its not as a "Consumer"? Not knocking your product but with BOLD statements like that, I hope your product can back it up? Why dont you let us all know how yours is the "Best"?:)bulb

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tested against the rest....

Your right..... it is a bold statement...not meant to offend....we have thoroughly tested this product against the most recocognized products in the industry..... Just using it as a tag line. Since 1989 we have been most copied and duplicated product of its kind. Our "Original" Water Spot Remover still removes water spot others can't touch.....it however, does not contain wax as our new Water Spot "Plus" does. We have always had a good reputation for providing proven products. I hope you will have the opportunity to try some day. You can read the 'ALL About Water Spots' section on our website. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Happy Boating!:)

·
Without a boat
978 Posts
prove it

So what do you say the makers of ducky products, hot sauce, boat candy and metalwax all get together and prove it to the boating community who's products really work?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Here's an unbiased opinion, sorry but ducky is an inferior product when compared to other similar products, as a matter of fact I have a bottle of your product that has been sitting on a shelf for 5 years while I use a competitors product frequently.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ducky Response

To start with we would like to say that while we have been producing Water Spot Removers longer than any other company in the industry it is within in our right to make tag line statement such as " tested agaianst the rest, still the best" especially when our testing proves it. Same holds true for any other company that feel their products are best. We all do it.
We would like to state that first of all not Ducky, not Hot sauce, not Boat candy, or any other product can remove all water spot and that's a fact we can all agree on.
Now we are not going to engage in attacks on competetors products ... it's not professional. Ducky Products, Inc. has been a respected company in the marine industry for over 20 years and have great relationships with many of our direct competitors. We would however like to address a few concerns and negative experiances a few of you have mentioned regarding Ducky "Original" Water Spot Remover.
When "Original" Ducky was developed it was not meant to be a water spot remover and wax product. It was designed to remove the hardest water spots just before they etch into surface using a formula strong enough to do the job but mild enough to not damage any surface. We succeeded in doing so and saved a lot of people a lot of money. As for residue or streaking left behind it should be noted that the instructions on the back of label say to use damp towel....we recommend doing a small section at a time and using wet towel, follow with soft dry towel.......no streaking, no water spots and still have wax on surface. That issue was one we always worked on, but hey....better than a ruined surface. "Original" Water Spot Remover should not be compared with any of the mentioned product or even Ducky Water Spot "Plus" it is a different product all together. Stronger with no wax. We will say to "Havasu 5150" and "Jake" that if you still have our "Original" in your garage take it with you. When you get to water spots that water spot remover with wax products cannot remove, hit it with "Original" Ducky....you will find instances were this will do the trick....and you will know what we are talking about. While developing Water Spot "Plus" that was our findings.
I hope this gives you a better understanding of our "Original" Ducky formula and how it is to be used.

Now as far a comparing our Water Spot "Plus" against others I think a product shoot out would be great....usually magazines will do this. I will say that the next time anyone from Ducky is in Havasu we will be happy to give sample, have a couple beers and do some testing with any of you. Feel free to contact us www.duckyproducts.com :)

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mr. Ducky, I respect your reply and maybe there is a magazine who will do a side by side comparison one day:)bulb. Yes, Ducky has been around a lot longer then the others but there problem was they sat around and didn't seem to want to improve? So time passed you by, now there are far superior products (as stated) out there. The bad rap on Ducky has always been that its a 2 step process with no gel protectant (as you stated yourself). And as far as your "Tag Line", NO everybody doesnt use one. Most Quality products speak for themselves. btw. no offense taken it just seems a little ridiculous to make unfounded statements like your tag line that may hurt your credibility.:|err

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
WOW! Such the group of hippocrates we are...... On one hand, we sit around boo-hooing about the state of the boating world, suggesting that we all support the community; Then on the other, we shit on those same members for trying to roll out a new product. Why don't you just wish them luck (knowing you think you use a superior product) and move along. Really..... Does anyone jump all over Eliminator because they believe they offer the best boat? It's their opinion, let them have it!

·
Without a boat
978 Posts
That was a very classy response and it would be great to see a magazine step up and do that. As for the tag line maybe that should be dropped or changed in my opinion, but good luck with your product.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Mr. Ducky,

Nice response and will will accept your challenge and I may even try your new product as I also intend to try Boat Candy. As to your tag line....longevity in the marketplace does not necessarily make it true. I would also love to see a side by side comparison published in a boating magazine.....If only I knew one ;). I will post my objective findings when I have the chance to compare for myself.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mr. Ducky,

Nice response and will will accept your challenge and I may even try your new product as I also intend to try Boat Candy. As to your tag line....longevity in the marketplace does not necessarily make it true. I would also love to see a side by side comparison published in a boating magazine.....If only I knew one ;). I will post my objective findings when I have the chance to compare for myself.
We're game for this side by side magazine challenge :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ducky Response

It's nice that we have so much testosterone out there. Competition is good....it brings the consumer improved products. We just want to reiterate that "tested against the rest, still the best" refers to "Original" Ducky without wax and it's ability to perform task not achievalbe with a Water Spot Remover/Wax type product do to limitations on chemical strength and compatability. It's through competition that we realized a need for a product that could remove water spots and add wax protection that we developed Water Spot "Plus" with Brazilian Grade A White Carnauba Wax which is most effective during or shortly after a day out on the water.
Water spotting is a complex problem with no single remedy as I am sure any of our competitors can attest to.

Please feel free to visit our "All About Water Spots" section on our webpage www.duckyproducts.com

Happy and Safe Boating

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts