Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So I am looking to install a pressure relief dump valve in my boat. I under stand these will dump water over board to keep excess pressure out of engine at higher rpm. If they are dumpring water over 12 to 15 psi out the boat then will this effect having enough pressure to open the T valve for ot water injected headers?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
513 Posts
bassett T

When I first installed my pressure relief valve I could hear the little check ball vibrating inside the valve at idle. I had NO water to the headers.........so I tightened the spring up a little bit and this solved the problem. The pressure relief valve will make the Bassett T work a little bit better once you have it adjusted correctly. I have found that the Bassett T valve opens a little bit later and there is no excess of water through the headers, just a fine mist, just enough to cool the headers. The pressure relief valve will be money well spent, and you should be very happy with it. Good Luck

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Set the pressure bypass valve in the low 20's and you should not have any problems. 20-22 would be my preference. Of course you need a pressure gauge in the circuit to set it, at least temporary.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Set the pressure bypass valve in the low 20's and you should not have any problems. 20-22 would be my preference. Of course you need a pressure gauge in the circuit to set it, at least temporary.
I have a pressure gauge on the intake this should be a good location to meassure pressure?

Attachments

·
Steve
402 Posts
That's where mine is, works for me. It is a good guide/reference point as to what is going on. Mine shows about 5-7 at idle, 18-20 at WOT.
:))THumbsUp

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have a pressure gauge on the intake this should be a good location to meassure pressure?
Can you possibly post a larger picture of the gauge on your intake. Even if I click on it, I can't quite figure out how you did it. I'd like to do the same thing and it looks like we're both running the same intake.

·
Steve
402 Posts
Heres a little bigger pic of mine. Should be a water port either on top or front of most intake manifolds.
gauge.jpg

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks s&s, looks like I'll be making a trip to the plumbing store very soon. BTW, did you get your Berk in yet?

·
Steve
402 Posts
Yeah it's back in. Took it out yesterday. A little too windy at CFW to test top speed. But no leaks and pump feels alot tighter. Thanks for asking. As far as the gauge, I think pretty much any water port on intake manifold would work. Just a matter of which one is easiest to plumb up and see from drivers seat (looking back over your shoulder).
:))eek:))

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Steve
402 Posts
DANG!!! Those pipes look brand new. How do you keep them like that?
That's because they are brand new (6 months old):shhh:
And I do take the Mother's to them for a good polish every now and then still. :)devil

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yeah it's back in. Took it out yesterday. A little too windy at CFW to test top speed. But no leaks and pump feels alot tighter. Thanks for asking. As far as the gauge, I think pretty much any water port on intake manifold would work. Just a matter of which one is easiest to plumb up and see from drivers seat (looking back over your shoulder).
:))eek:))
How far is CFW from Los Angeles? I've never heard of it. I imagine it's an abbreviation? I wouldn't mind getting together and hangin out w/ a fellow Rogers owner.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
How far is CFW from Los Angeles? I've never heard of it. I imagine it's an abbreviation? I wouldn't mind getting together and hangin out w/ a fellow Rogers owner.

Camp Far West...nor-cal. Probably a good 6-8hr drive from LA but beautiful and peaceful up there!

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
CFW is an oasis in Sacramento. (well, just out of
Sac) The cove is like a drag boat show some days.

But if you drive that far, Save at least one day and 2 more hours of driving for Shasta Lake.
It is worth it!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for the input guys. As always it was worth asking the question. :)devil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts