Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gone in a Flash!
226 Posts
I noticed Iron heads. Would you be willing to share what heads you're using and how the're set up? (Valve and port size) I assume this is a cruiser engine that you're expecting long life from and are trying to avoid corrosion issues with aluminum?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I noticed Iron heads. Would you be willing to share what heads you're using and how the're set up? (Valve and port size) I assume this is a cruiser engine that you're expecting long life from and are trying to avoid corrosion issues with aluminum?

Not quite. (That was the point though) They are aluminum heads painted black.

They are Brodix BB2 variant with some work done.

I can't actually speak to the details with absolute certainly as this is my first time "letting the engine builder decide it all".

This setup ought to move an 1800-200 lb tunnel that ran 90 with a 406 with some added authority.

Whatchya got in that? says outboard guy... - "a stock 454 with some chrome valve covers" hehehe....

UD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Not quite. (That was the point though) They are aluminum heads painted black.

They are Brodix BB2 variant with some work done.

I can't actually speak to the details with absolute certainly as this is my first time "letting the engine builder decide it all".

This setup ought to move an 1800-200 lb tunnel that ran 90 with a 406 with some added authority.

Whatchya got in that? says outboard guy... - "a stock 454 with some chrome valve covers" hehehe....

UD
Very Nice.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,206 Posts

Bob Graeff,GN-7 who this is named after, we lost him last year.....RIP your missed more than you ever thought you would be....
Damn! I haven't been on the forum here in over a year, (due to work,etc) and I just find out GN7
has moved on....sad thought indeed:cry::cry::cry::cry: he was a wealth of knowledge, and a fun one to argue with. He could make you feel stupid, then pm you, and bs with you without the gn7 attitude that everyone was so used too. He will be missed greatly by everyone who had the chance to talk with him, and his contributions will stick with me for a lifetime. RIP Bob.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,206 Posts
Is that a fluidampner on there?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts