Performance Boats Forum banner

Previous Popular forum...

4K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  Sleeper CP 
#1 ·
When i saw the post about it being taken down i immediatly downloaded the entire forum archive. After a few hours of writing a conversion script i rebuilt a forum with the archive i took. There was alot of good info on that forum and it can now be searched again. The one thing that sucks is that any pictures that were hosted or attached by them are gone. If you are like me and always link to your external picture source they should all be there. I didnt really know what to call the forum so i just registered the name RiverRacer.net. If you guys have any better ideas let me know. I will be maintaining and keeping the forum online so that all that good info is availible to everybody here and anywhere else.

I plan on adding a few other things to the site, including a live chat room for guys to come talk in. It will be web based but you will also be able to access it using a normal IRC client (for those who know what that is...). I recommend registering on the forum, that way you can search quickly, guests searches have limits bound to them.

Hope i'm not stepping on any toes over at PB, just trying to let everybody know that the old archive is online and public.

The info is located at http://www.RiverRacer.Net/forums/

See less See more
#17 ·
Shaun you're the man :)devil :)devil I don't give a damn what they say about you :p

That is just great. Good job :)grn

Sleeper CP :D

#25 ·
.... i immediatly downloaded the entire forum archive. After a few hours of writing a conversion script i rebuilt a forum with the archive i took. There
The info is located at http://www.RiverRacer.Net/forums/
DU-HU-HU-HUDE,

You basically just saved my ass by recovering all the 460 "notes" that were "recorded" there for my book.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Shaun,

LO

#29 ·
Nice job Shaun. The only thread there worth a damn was the moneysucker petrofied quack attack thread anyways. all the rest can go in cyber trash. lol. I had to be really bored to go on those forums and see if there was anything going on and after quite a few times of nothing , I stopped going. Again thank you Shaun. The HB forums did help to promote this sport and you have helped to keep those records. like the bible.

Cy

#30 ·
haha, one day maybe i'll have to read through that thread... i saw it all the time, never really read it bewcause it was huge! There is some good info barried into those forums. Maybe i'll start/sticky a thread about good threads and as we find the good ones we can post the link to them in that thread.

Either way all that info is searchable not only in the threads but as soon as google gets there paws into it, from there too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.