Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
water wings
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the prime a jet be installed on the hand hole lid? if not how do you install it if the pump is already in the boat and if drilling is necessary how do you keep the shavings out of the pump? any tips and tricks would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
It's needs to be installed after the impeller.

If your gonna do it without pulling the bowl, be sure you the hole in the right spot. You can probably blow all the chips out the nozzle with compressed air through the intake.

·
Registered
979 Posts
when I installed the pyrometer on my truck, the directions said to keep your drill bit loaded with grease, and clean/reload as needed. I used the same method for my prime-a-jet. Seems to do the trick

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Have someone hold the shop Vac up against your drill bit while you drill. It will suck up all of the chips. The Prime-A-Jet goes 2" behind the bowl gasket.
Duane HTP

·
water wings
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I just had the pump rebuilt after many years of my dad having the boat before me, and now we need to bleed the air out via the lid. hopefully this will make it much easier. any pictures of it about where it goes?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Thanks guys, I just had the pump rebuilt after many years of my dad having the boat before me, and now we need to bleed the air out via the lid. hopefully this will make it much easier. any pictures of it about where it goes?
I don't thinkI have ever had a problem with that, but I don't have a droop. Think I will invest in one myself! since I am running a droop now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts