Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The HMFIC
1,711 Posts
dont do it i was going to do the same thing. then i called teague for prices and teague himself answered the phone and told me dont do it cause there are to many problems with the set up. something about ECU issues. call them and im sure they will talk you out of it. you can whipple it and get it up to 6 to 8 hundred horse or go with the raylar 525 package which uses your 496 everything

·
The HMFIC
1,711 Posts
you can also contact mooneyhamm blowers they are in ontario now they do all the blower rebuilds for NHRA and all the custom blowers for a lot of offshore race teams. they may be able to help you. they are bit anti whipple for some reason. i think is because they build man blowers and they think the whipple carger is a little weaker than it should be. they think is could be built a little more stout i guess. that what i gathered from them when i talked to them last week. the owner of mooneyhamm also now ownes islander marine which is a gel and glass repair shop.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Its to bad that the guys at Procharger have not set up a better ECU program for the marine guys! The right procharger with the right fuel program will out do a whipple anyday and is not way over priced like a whipple is.... I do not hate whipples as they make a killer little screw charger for a bolt on kit, they are just way over priced for what ya get. But they do have the boating industry buying a lot of their equpitment so they must be doing something right...:)hand

Just my .02

Travis

·
The Insurance Guy
1,920 Posts
Its to bad that the guys at Procharger have not set up a better ECU program for the marine guys! The right procharger with the right fuel program will out do a whipple anyday and is not way over priced like a whipple is.... I do not hate whipples as they make a killer little screw charger for a bolt on kit, they are just way over priced for what ya get. But they do have the boating industry buying a lot of their equpitment so they must be doing something right...:)hand

Just my .02

Travis
You get a lot more with the whipple, that is why it is so expensive. Kit comes with a completely new intake manifold with upgraded injectors already installed, intercooler is integrated into the manifold, bigger fuel pump, new computer program, etc. I used to think it was overpriced but now that I have one i can see you really get what you pay for.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Boost is more constant across the board with any positive displacement blower than any beltdrive centrifugal. Its a case of physics, boost quadruples with the doubling of rpm with centrifugals. Soooo if you have 6 psi at 6000, you only can have 1.25 psi at 3000. You need a bigger prop for the top end, but you can't pull it out of the hole. Always a problem for the fan blowers. With a positive disp. blower, you have constant boost across the entire powerband(if the set-up is correct).= more bottom end, bigger prop for lower criuse rpm and better mileage. P.S. I have a procharger for sale to fit an efi 454 or 502. TIMINATOR 623-877-8553

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.