Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
'74 Sanger ski hydro
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man this place needs to be livened up
I was just re-reading some of the quickest to the 1/8 threads, but they are all old and I'm not really knowledgeable about current standings. I see posts from time to time on social media, but it would be nice to see a list in one place.
Where does everyone stand these days?
Let's see some bragging and trash talking about who's the king of the hill. Who's gonna win the 660ft open boat shootout???

·
'74 Sanger ski hydro
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Is Tim Ortiz's 3.727 @144 the quickest to the 1/8th in an open boat @ 145mph or less?

Is Tony Scarlotta going to the shootout?

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Is Tim Ortiz's 3.727 @144 the quickest to the 1/8th in an open boat @ 145mph or less?

Mike Miller has gone 3.60 in the 1/8 in Grey Matter under 145, Mike Declark and I have both gone 3.70 in the 1/8 under 145. Fastest open boat in recent years is Mike Miller in Grey Matter 3.60 1/8 time 5.05 to the 1000 ft under 145. Tim ran a 3.704 and 5.305 one lap at 145.71. That 145 is a real bitch when trying to stay under.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
UBFJ is 1000 ft in NJBA, that's where the real prize is right now. Record is held currently by Tim Ortiz at 5.329, He beat my previous record of 5.331, Previous to that I set it at 5.336, before that Mike Declark in Fbomb set it at 5.35 and before that it was 5.37 by Zach Rauscher.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Would love to see you guys give it a shot on SDBA clocks. From what I understand---for what ever reason (air, water, clocks) the numbers are usually a little better out West.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Mike Miller has gone 3.60 in the 1/8 in Grey Matter under 145, Mike Declark and I have both gone 3.70 in the 1/8 under 145. Fastest open boat in recent years is Mike Miller in Grey Matter 3.60 1/8 time 5.05 to the 1000 ft under 145. Tim ran a 3.704 and 5.305 one lap at 145.71. That 145 is a real bitch when trying to stay under.
Actually the best I ran in Grey Matter was 3.50 to the 1/8 and had half a dozen runs between 3.50 and 3.54 In the 1/8.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Actually the best I ran in Grey Matter was 3.50 to the 1/8 and had half a dozen runs between 3.50 and 3.54 In the 1/8.
I dont think it would be a problem for my lake boat to run those 3.50's too, but will be well over the mph limit.

·
'74 Sanger ski hydro
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I saw your time slip on FB Hass, very impressive! I was hoping that you'd make it out West this weekend, but I saw that you couldn't make it

Dadgum Miller! I knew that thing was a rocket but I didn't know you had gone that quick to the 1/8. I was very surprised that you sold Grey Matter. If I could buy any of the boats mentioned, that would be the one! I'm curious with the unigue construction and lightness of that boat, would it hold up as a dual purpose boat or would it not take the abuse of river/lake duty?

Tim Ortiz is gonna try and lower that UBFJ record this weekend.

Kjell are you running this weekend?

I'm not sure if they got the 8 boats required for the open boat shootout or not?

I was hoping that Finnegan would run Game Over in an event like this, but I see he's selling it

Is this weekends race gonna have a live stream?

·
Registered
9 Posts

Greymatter has been quickest and fastest to my knowledge, defiantly a bad ass hot rod. We are still working on testing hardware, impellers and trying to get this thing to leave harder. Lots more left in the hardware, and when i find a bigger impeller that kills some RPM we have plenty of power left in reserve to turn on. We had some issues this weekend but over all we did ok. The problem for me is there is no where we can test in 1000' here in Texas...........we go west and use that as testing and racing. Definitely going to do some hardware testing soon, and then freshin the motor sometime next year.

This weekend we ran multiple 3.60 runs, the best being a 3.65 @140 on the valve around 500'. We ended up reseting the record at a 5.25. There is definitely room to improve on both the short track number and 1000' number.

We finally got a PJ guy to travel west with us, and for the "Magic Water" as some call it, they were not able to run as fast as they did in Texas. Same for another jet that made the trip. Maybe cause of water condtions and it being very cold. Im comfident we can run the same short track numbers in texas as we can out west, but the MPH will be the kicker. Good weekend considering the weather we fought, always enjoy racing in Ming.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts