Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that where helping me with the stumbling thread i went out this weekend and since it was raining most of the day nobody was on the water and i got to stand on it for a bit. The stumbling continued.. Next day group of us went down to the sandbar and while i was there i decided to adjust the floats. What i ended up finding was that the primary bowl on one carb was adjusted way too low! The secondary on that same carb was pretty low also. On the other carb the secondary was perfect but the primary was a full turn too low. After setting them all to where they just bearly leaked out the bowls peep hole i ran the boat and i noticed that the boat felt stronger when stomping on it for a sec. That evening once all the ocean boats pulled out i went out for some runs and the stumbling no longer exists! Problem solved!

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Extensions

knew you would get it Shaun. Some people just don't relize how important float level is. If your carbs are inline with the sec to the rear, you can raise the sec a little to help keep the jets covered, but just a little. The float level plays a huge part in how fast the carb jumps on the main jet. Good job
Don't they make jet "extensions" for that reason?......Keeps the jets covered even during all those "G" forces.........MP

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
ok i found the kit you where talking about but it's for center hung floats and mine are side hung. I cant seam to find any for side hung.
Cant get them for side hung floats. Honestly I wouldnt worry about it. If you do, you need new float bowls lines and extensions. (4150 style)

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your manifold doesnt quiet sit as tall as mine does from the looks of it, but your scoop helps wided things out. With mine and the flower pots i think it will make the motor look like a cross (+). It may look fine but this is just my guess because when i mocked up a horizontal puke tank up behind the carbs it looked retarded to me.

Your setup looks fine to me but it's a angle shot, give me one straight at it from the front of the boat and i'll tell you what i think :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts