Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought I had all my parts ready to go, but now my machinist informed me that my
balancer hub is .001 too big! (bought it on ebay-go figure) would work fine on an aftermarket crank-but being as I'm running the GM 502 crank (internally balanced)
now I need to find another hub that hasn't been honed for an aftermarket cranksnout!
anyone out there have one for an ATI 8" Internally balanced dampner? I also have the
ATI bolt in external counter weight for the 2 piece hub if anyone needs it....:)hammers
why doe's this s--t always happen when I'm working on my own stuff!

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
could you not shim it with a speedy sleeve ?

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
hub

I have a brand new ati hub for a standard internal balance bbc crankshaft dampner that has never been installed. $150 318-687-9088

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
could you not shim it with a speedy sleeve ?
Its too loose on the crank. the sleeve fixes the OD of the damper. BlownCat, maybe you learned a little something. 99 out of a 100 ATI get honed. If you bought it used, thats going to happen. Look at it this way, you now have a honed hub for a future after market crank.:D

If this is a blower hub, drop me a PM, I may buy it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a brand new ati hub for a standard internal balance bbc crankshaft dampner that has never been installed. $150 318-687-9088

I will definately hit you up, right after this wonderful "Christmas Season" has passed,
and my bank account has recovered:)st

ps; this one that I have is the older 8" model with the 1 piece hub- iz dat wat u got?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts