Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
I had the same problem with my lightings - I did grind off the head - What i found after is wasn't as clean looking - Why not take the head bolts out and trim / tap so your still clean looking

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had to do the same thing with mine, just small notches where the flange hits the bolts and your good to go......Oh and GRIND THE FLANGE:D

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
I too had issues with mine not clearing ARP headbolts and had to grind some off the flange.

Then someone told me if you take the washers off of the outside head bolts they'll clear just fine. Not sure if this is considered recommended practice...maybe someone else can post up on their thoughts regarding removing the washers from the head bolts.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
I too had issues with mine not clearing ARP headbolts and had to grind some off the flange.

Then someone told me if you take the washers off of the outside head bolts they'll clear just fine. Not sure if this is considered recommended practice...maybe someone else can post up on their thoughts regarding removing the washers from the head bolts.
Iron, fine.

Aluminum, not so much, NO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts