Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of bassets used.They came with water lines and T.One water line has female an fitting.The other has female with a male adapter.Should they or couldnt they both be female and use male an fittings to connect to hose?This is my first go at o/t headers so even if dumb? I still need to make sure.I assume the factory fitting size is 8?

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
I bought a set of bassets used.They came with water lines and T.One water line has female an fitting.The other has female with a male adapter.Should they or couldnt they both be female and use male an fittings to connect to hose?This is my first go at o/t headers so even if dumb? I still need to make sure.I assume the factory fitting size is 8?
Doesn't really matter which fittings they have, if they had males it'd be easier to hook up to your hoses because most hoses are going to have females installed on the ends. You'll just have to get a couple of adapters to change the pattern around. I believe most are a -8AN which is roughly 1/2".

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
1st...no ??? is a "dumb" ??? :)...i have 2 sets of water lines...1 set is for a log set-up with male fittings on the ends/sides of the T & the logs for the hose to slip over (rubber)...the other set has male AN fittings for use with female SS lines...the fittings should both be the same, depending what your gonna use for hose...the T has male AN ends, so, if your gonna use rubber hose, you will have to add an adapter (female to male)...i use -10 hose on all water lines...just sayin' my .02 cents :)

FastRat

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
No problem. Keep an eye on it once you get it plumbed to make sure you're not getting any water to the headers below 1500 rpm or so. The engine can suck the water back in the exhaust port.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok this is my plan of attack:First the pump is a 12jg.The motor is ford 460.
Im gonna run line from pump to a gate and from gate to a T.From there to the front of block.Out the intake with one line going to gate and then dump.The other going to Basset T and then to headers.All lines will be 5/8.The Basset T should keep the water from going to headers till 1500-1800 right?Now with the gates they should also be open equally also right?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also have this posted on screamandfly and have talked with Dreamcatcher(aka Tomply on this board) and Antioch(not sure if hes on here or not)but hopefully with everybodys input I'll get it together and hoping it all works out.I want to be able to take the boat to Kerr Lake and hangout and meet some folks next month for the Hot Boat meet

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Ok this is my plan of attack:First the pump is a 12jg.The motor is ford 460.
Im gonna run line from pump to a gate and from gate to a T.From there to the front of block.Out the intake with one line going to gate and then dump.The other going to Basset T and then to headers.All lines will be 5/8.The Basset T should keep the water from going to headers till 1500-1800 right?Now with the gates they should also be open equally also right?
Yea that's how most guys do it. The springs in the Basset T's can get weak or get some crud built up around the ball so it's just something to keep an eye on. Yea normally they'll let the water flow at the right rpm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts