Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lake Cruiser, Wave Maker
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if anyone has run the procharger twin set up on their Boats for a supercharger or Turbo application.

I have twin 76mm's on my 540BBC and am running a sheet metal intercooler mounted to the side of my engine that is not very efficient. I saw on Prochargers website that they offer this for a street car application so I called them and they said they have sold a few for people using them on boating applications.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks

Aaron

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Is this intercooler air to water or air to air.
I have the AW504 which is the largest air to water they make.
I would have to believe the air to water would be more efficient.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
check out their air to water units, small and compact compared to air 2 air.
plus your pumping cool lake water thru them which would bring you IAT's down.

I have found the Procharger tech line knows very little about Marine applications.

·
Lake Cruiser, Wave Maker
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you give me some info on the air to water...like where I could one from?

Also what part of NM R U

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You need an air to water bad man!!! I ran a precision turbo PT2000 on my last kit on my jet boat with a pair of S475'S (75mm wheels) with 16 psi on 92 pump gas!!

Another awesome place is Robert at CHISELED PERFORMANCE!! His website is http://www.chiseledperformance.net/ he is usually 3 weeks out but well worth the wait and can build you any size and configuration you want/need!!

As much as you have in your set up spend the money and buy a quality air to water from Robert or Precision!! It will make a night and day difference in your set up!!

Travis

·
Diesel Pimp
1,256 Posts
Can you give me some info on the air to water...like where I could one from?

Also what part of NM R U
Check out Bell Intercoolers. They are the only ones we found to hold up under real high boost(100+psi.) Maybe over kill for a gas motor, but they are super high quality. Call them and they will custom design one matched to your combo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts