Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In Boat Shopping mode!
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please give me your thoughts and opinions on the Profile 280 Cat? I've always liked the look of the boat, but the interiors are kinda bland. They're a boat that you don't see that many of, at least around here any way. (Maybe that speaks for something.) Are there any owners or people with experience with the Profile on the board? How is the construction, fit and finish of everything etc?? I had an old brochure were they claimed around 90 mph with a 525. Do you think triple digits are possible with a 575 SCI???

·
Banne'd
2,426 Posts
Please give me your thoughts and opinions on the Profile 280 Cat? I've always liked the look of the boat, but the interiors are kinda bland. They're a boat that you don't see that many of, at least around here any way. (Maybe that speaks for something.) Are there any owners or people with experience with the Profile on the board? How is the construction, fit and finish of everything etc?? I had an old brochure were they claimed around 90 mph with a 525. Do you think triple digits are possible with a 575 SCI???

That 280 is a sweet looking ride. Sparky Olsen at Vicious Racing knows about them and when Profile built them. I guess the molds are in Florida, that's about all I know, not being built by the same people.?? If you want a nice CAT, just Call Sparky and he will build you one, he races them as well. www.viciousmarine.com

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,387 Posts
I don't have firsthand experience, but a good buddies older brother has had one for a few years. He has big power in it and I believe has enjoyed it and no complaints. Not sure what it runs......but I'd say very fast (100+). Don't know too much about it though.

He's selling it (he bought a bigger cat with twins now) if you're interested I could get you in touch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.