Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a Profile 29' I think its a 209/OS. Anyone know much about these? I can't seem to find much information on them on the internet. Do they have a website?

TIA!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to have a 29 Profile a couple of years ago - what do you need to know? Basic setup on mine with a 502 and Bravo1. No tabs (could've used them at times). 63 MPH top speed (GPS), handles the rough stuff pretty damn well.
I guess basically if its a good boat or what it could be compared to quality wise? This one has a stock 454 (330hp), one owner, looks to be in pretty good shape. Any pics of your 29' Profile?

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi
545 Posts

It was a good boat and definately treated me well. Stock reliable power - all it ever needed was basic maintenance. Build quality I rate at mid-range to be honest. It's no Hallet or even a Formula - more on the level of a Baja. The one annoying ride characteristic it had was that it would tend to "list" a little bit to port at times. Tabs would have fixed that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A stock 330hp 454 in a 29ft boat would be a total dog.
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be 330hp for long - but thats kinda what I was thinking. He says its a 454 Mag, but that wouldn't be 330hp, right?

·
Banne'd
2,426 Posts
Chesta - good looking boat solid white - love it! What year was it?

could someone please point out the Profile boat in this picture?

Haha, in all seriousness, this is a picture of the one i'm looking at...

Boats don't bleed, bloat and get cranky every month.:D

If those V molds aren't with the CAT molds then I know who has them, pluss the 31's.

·
Banne'd
2,426 Posts
I'm looking at a Profile 29' I think its a 209/OS. Anyone know much about these? I can't seem to find much information on them on the internet. Do they have a website?

TIA!

OOOp's, no web site. As I under stand it, the company went under and the molds were sold at an IRS auction. I know the CAT molds are in Florida, V molds? I think I know who has them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't tell from that pic, sorry.
I'm hoping he has the original pics - i hate how craigslist distorts pictures to save space and bandwidth.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine was a 1996. Had it for about 3 years. The all white was great - keeps it from being "dated." If I remember correctly, the dry boat weighed in at 4300lbs and change. The performance was respectable considering the power - it did what I expected.
Yeah, thats one thing I love about white boats. The one i'm looking at is a 1994. Has 470 hours, Asking $20k Sounds like a decent size boat for the money.

Found a '93 26' for $13,400 as well. This is my price range right now, so i'm fairly limited.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not a bad price, depending on condition of course. Good luck with the purchase. I've got a bad case of the Monday's so I can't think of much else at the moment but feel free to ask.
I'm hoping to pick it up for about 17, as it is 500+ miles away. Even though I do have land on that lake ;) that I need to tend to. Just gives me a reason to do so now.

·
In Boat Shopping mode!
16 Posts
Since we're talking about Profile boats. What's the low down on the 28' Cat. I've always loved the look of the boat even with the bland interior. Only seen one in person and that was from a distance (Lake Cumberland Poker Run). There has to be some reason that you don't see that many of them?? Any current or previous owners on the forum? I had an old brochure and I believe it stated that with a 525EFI the boat would run around 90. Does that sound correct?

We're in the market for another boat and the 28 Profile Cat is one that we're very interested in. We have seen on Boat Trader prices ranging from & $100+ down to $39. We're having a hard time finding any reviews or testing information about the boat.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.