Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have any experience with profiler heads. I am looking at a 320 cc oval port bbc head.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
To go on a............................... ?

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Beautiful castings, so-so machine work, horrible drainback on the one cylinder head, best to add an exterior drain back to the pan cause its a bitch when you warm the thing up then pop the valve covers off. Some have had issues with them cracking on both the spread port and conventional heads, we have not had any issues. If your getting some kind of a deal on them then go for it otherwise go BMF or Canfield.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful castings, so-so machine work, horrible drainback on the one cylinder head, best to add an exterior drain back to the pan cause its a bitch when you warm the thing up then pop the valve covers off. Some have had issues with them cracking on both the spread port and conventional heads, we have not had any issues. If your getting some kind of a deal on them then go for it otherwise go BMF or Canfield.
$1800 with cnc chambers,5 angle seats and manly severe duty valves directly from profiler. I need to figure what intake will work with a 4150 flange since the ports are raised.

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
You have to ask yourself why they're so "cheap", and if you're buying a headace. Also, are you putting yourself in a corner for needing more expensive "profiler only" parts?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have to ask yourself why they're so "cheap", and if you're buying a headace. Also, are you putting yourself in a corner for needing more expensive "profiler only" parts?
Well the intake is priced the same as a dart or brodix. Everything else is normal bbc stuff, studs, rockers, guides ect. My RPM air gap wont work with my new combo anyway. Its is just their winter deal. I don't think their is anything wrong with them I just would like to know if anyone has had any problems good or bad.

·
Registered
879 Posts
You will be time and money ahead to buy bare castings from profiler and have a good machine shop do the valve job and assemble them. I have been down this road with profiler and many others and their assemblys and valve jobs are terrible.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I had Darin Morgan do some 12 degree Raptors for me while he was at RM and they were every bit as bad as Profilers. They just don't seem to care if they put out a quality piece, just get it out the door.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I had Darin Morgan do some 12 degree Raptors for me while he was at RM and they were every bit as bad as Profilers. They just don't seem to care if they put out a quality piece, just get it out the door.
Hmmm I have heard nothing but good things about him. Our builder thinks pretty highly of him and worked with him for years. You win some and lose some.....:)sphss

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'm not saying that Darin does bad work, he isn't hands on as far as what goes out the door. He is more of an [email protected] guy but the companies are the ones who don't care. Unless you are a very special customer and I mean very special they just send the stuff out the door.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm not saying that Darin does bad work, he isn't hands on as far as what goes out the door. He is more of an [email protected] guy but the companies are the ones who don't care. Unless you are a very special customer and I mean very special they just send the stuff out the door.
I concurr with that.

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Maybe you shouldn't say you had Darin do them, then....:)bulb

·
Registered
879 Posts
Darin did the design of the heads and he was the one I dealt with, he didn't do the work but when I had problems and brought it to his attention he wasn't very helpful. Pretty much told me I was wrong and the parts were fine for what I was doing. And they were not OK.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Buy a set of darts send them to Bpe in anaheim be done with it. not Bep.you will not be dissatified.Even the guys at schmidt told me the dart is a much better product than the profiler.

·
Banned
540 Posts
I wouldn't send a flashlite to BPE to have the batteries changed.

I sent a TR Intake to BPE to have it modified, welded, sectioned etc, etc to increase plenum, cross section and produce more flow. After paying a 4 figure price tag for their work, the engine LOST power(30 hp). It took 2 years to correct BPE's mistakes and get the engine back to were it was before I payed them for their 'work'.

I should have just paid Wilson or Hogan's for a sheet metal deal and been done with it!

I called BPE, and they blew me off. Didn't even offer any suggestions as to what they thought may be amiss with their work. Not happy or satisfied, and it took awhile to get over it.

That's MY experience with BPE. I you'd like to run the risk of having that kind of experience for your time and money spent, be my guest.

RR :|err

1 - 20 of 30 Posts