Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These start out as 290 oval ports and end up as 335's with a port area/velocity profile specific for the application. They can be compared to a 335 CNC AFR with a 3.6-3.7" port minimum area where these have a 3.2" min. area. Flow is 400cfm, basically the same as the AFR's.

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flow numbers:
Valves: 2.35 x 1.85

right / left / ex
.2 162 / 161 / 122
.3 240 / 230 / 165
.4 289 / 286 / 220
.5 338 / 332 / 264
.6 368 / 348 / 285
.7 387 / 369 / 297
.8 399 / 391 / 308
.9 410 / 402

These numbers are with the swirl plate still attached to the flow bench. Usually we remove it for final flow numbers, and it's worth 1-2cfm below.500, and 2-3 above, usually 3 @ 800+. That puts the good port at an honest [email protected] .800, through a 3.2" minimum area with a standard 45* valve job. A 50* valve job would be worth 7-10cfm on top, but as always, would trade some low lift flow. There's also more ex flow easily available with a tulip valve instead of the standard nail head valve we used.

:)hand

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So whats the benefit of this over the cnc AFR's if they are basicly the same?

How much are you getting for a set of these profilers?

Thanks
The differecne is in the port's cross sectional area and the air's velocity as it moves through the port. The port on the Profilers is much smaller near the opening than the AFR, yet the over all volume is about the same. The AFR has a 2.300 valve, the Profilers have a 2.35 valve which makes the bowl a little bigger, at least right under the valve. The benefit is in better cylinder filling, better volumetric effeciency, which makes more torque, which makes more power across the board and average HP will be higher.
PM me if you're interested in a price.

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beautiful Job Scott. Appears you did a 5 cut valve seat?

What cc's did the chambers end up having?
Thanks Jak, these ended up at 117cc's as delivered. The valve job is one of Newen's performance cutters recommended to me by Darin Morgan. If these were my heads, I would have tried a half a dozen different valve jobs. There's a lot of potential there.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
throw up some pics of the my intake as well:)devil

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Alright Scott no more workin on the WFLC stuff, let them find there own head guy :D. I gotta run against these guys ;)

Hey great work as always Steel, its just a shame we have to get em dirty:)grn

Gonna love em Travis:)hand

·
Registered
4,677 Posts

Jumped all over that thing didn't you?
Very nice:)devil

All this is going to the same guy that thought KB drilled his piston's pin hole cocked?
Hope he found a different machinist for this build. This stuff deserves a better one.:)devil

a lot of things have changed.

Mainly me...

yes i cant wait to get my hands on and in them:p

it been a long road for Steel and he has put a ton of work into the Heads and intake.

im blessed to be surrounded by some very Knowledgeable peeps.

Just a little run down of the motor.
Dart Block
JE 13.8 pistons
Callies Magnum 4.25 crank
manley Rods 6.385
BB oil pan

T-D Shaft Rockers:)devil

Straub did the cam Profile
4-7 swap
the rest is my secret

Ect.

will be runnin 2 1050s.