Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to pick up a Proform 1050 carb recently and I want to start with the original jets, PV's, etc. for a tuning baseline. The kid I bought it from changed everything all around for his application and "can't remember" what the stock sizes were. I am having trouble finding any specs online. Does anyone know what jets etc came in this carb stock? It looks like it might have had jet extensions judging from a notched float, but those are missing, and the PV's and jets are way off (he had this on his 350 street motor). Any help here would be appreciated.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
go to mortec.com , scroll down to where it shows carb specs, look up a similar holley with the same size, run that jetting as a base tune up:)bulb

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
Holley has that info on their website. Need the full model number from the carb which is stamped on top of the carb body.

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
What's the specs on the motor anyways. Most of the 1050s are either set up square at like 92s which probably isn't your case since it has PVs so you probably have progressive linkage and something like 82/88s or something like that for stock. Either way look it up it will give you the stock jetting and pv info and everything else you need once you figure out how to decipher it.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
square jet it with 88's and start from there then

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was able to pick up a Proform 1050 carb recently and I want to start with the original jets, PV's, etc. for a tuning baseline. The kid I bought it from changed everything all around for his application and "can't remember" what the stock sizes were. I am having trouble finding any specs online. Does anyone know what jets etc came in this carb stock? It looks like it might have had jet extensions judging from a notched float, but those are missing, and the PV's and jets are way off (he had this on his 350 street motor). Any help here would be appreciated.
Pri 86 W/4.5 power valve, Sec 93 W/ no power valve, Idle air 70, High speed 28 Hope this helps. Jay

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just found out that you actually went over to Lopers to ask for me. I didn't even think to do that ultil I went down there to buy the parts. You're the man and thanks again!
I actually took the bowl off the rear to make sure there was no power valve in it. Thats a fairly new carb havn't used one yet, used a lot of the 950's they work real well. Let me know how it works. ;) Jay

1 - 18 of 18 Posts