Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get some help with this ,some direction on how to set this up then I can play with it on the water, thanks.

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
Programmable Mapping

Need to get some help with this ,some direction on how to set this up then I can play with it on the water, thanks.
May 13, 2017
Hello People
Slinger
What are you trying to control :shock:

Willis

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May 13, 2017
Hello People
Slinger
What are you trying to control :shock:

Willis
Timing at different rpms, I always have had the 6al plug and go but this one is a bit different trying to get the most out of the motor wanting to know a starting point on rpms and maybe someone has a setting that they use.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
are you using msd digital graphview? we run digital 7s, so not quite sure about the differences with a programmable 6al

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you using msd digital graphview? we run digital 7s, so not quite sure about the differences with a programmable 6al
just running the 6al 2 right out of the box no fancy mojo if this doesnt work its back to the 6al and Ill have to like it.

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
7 Programmable MSD

just running the 6al 2 right out of the box no fancy mojo if this doesnt work its back to the 6al and Ill have to like it.
May 14, 2017
Hello People
Slinger
You have determine that the goal is to take out timing during the run. That's simple use the "Run retard Curve graph" plot the curve .
Take me; I need to control the rpm on launch so the “boat will hookup the best”.
Most users who have these type of boxes are trying to control something or add something based on time or rpm’s for a desired result.
Some users used the time feature to run a launch skew:
Say 4500 for 1second then max for 5 seconds down range, then back down to 5000 to slow down. At the same time in that 6 seconds of control they also may have a pulse sent to a solenoid for NOS to engage for a period of time in those 6 seconds

You need to decide at what rpm to start and at what rpm how much to pull out. Just add a dot at those points. Save to PC call it something.
Hook to the MSD follow instruction to send file to MSD.

Hope this is a start for you :)Unsure

Willis

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
fancy mojo? it's programmable, how is that fancy? not sure what you were expecting but it won't program itself. do you have the software downloaded to a laptop? do you have a 9pin serial port to usb cable? just power up the 6al2, connect the cable, open the msd software. the software is pretty easy to negotiate. if nothing else, you'll need to do that to get the rev limiter set where you want it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
fancy mojo? it's programmable, how is that fancy? not sure what you were expecting but it won't program itself. do you have the software downloaded to a laptop? do you have a 9pin serial port to usb cable? just power up the 6al2, connect the cable, open the msd software. the software is pretty easy to negotiate. if nothing else, you'll need to do that to get the rev limiter set where you want it.
Well cool that settles that,,, just running it out of the box no ATOMIC /BLACK POWER GRID/ or all the other MSD add ons they offer Thats what I was referring to NO Fancy crap And what I was expecting was the President of MSD to personally hook this up for me and set it so it would shoot roost everywhere while my eye lids are peeled back drinking a cold one,But that doesnt look like thats going to happen :grin:

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Well cool that settles that,,, just running it out of the box no ATOMIC /BLACK POWER GRID/ or all the other MSD add ons they offer Thats what I was referring to NO Fancy crap And what I was expecting was the President of MSD to personally hook this up for me and set it so it would shoot roost everywhere while my eye lids are peeled back drinking a cold one,But that doesnt look like thats going to happen :grin:
not sure what any of this has to do with the first question you asked. whether it's the 6al2, digital 7, grid, they all need to be programmed? not sure what you meant by "play with it on the water", unless you are carrying your laptop on the boat??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts