Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished Member
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a V-Drive question but is an inboard question. We dinged the prop over the weekend on our family truckster (Malibu Response tournament boat). Gonna buy a new stainless replacement but would like to repair the old bronze prop for a back up. Any leads on who does this type of prop repair. I've never had to repair an inboard prop before and I'd appreciate any help.

·
92 KURTIS RUNNER BOTTOM
1,374 Posts
Not really a V-Drive question but is an inboard question. We dinged the prop over the weekend on our family truckster (Malibu Response tournament boat). Gonna buy a new stainless replacement but would like to repair the old bronze prop for a back up. Any leads on who does this type of prop repair. I've never had to repair an inboard prop before and I'd appreciate any help.
DID YOU NOT SEE THE ADD ABOVE THIS THREAD R & R PROP REPAIR:)bulb:D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Delta Propeller in lodi does great work. We ding my buddys bad last year and they fixed it better than new. There # is 209-366-1555, They are just down the street form joeys shop.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Dave stay away from the Stainless they vibrate like a mofo especially the three blades. Scott Pellaton got me a 4 blade bronze for my Ski Sanger that is the only way to go.:D

·
The member
3,244 Posts
I was going to say talk to shelfo @ precision craft marine, I know in the summer he does all kinds of prop repairs for people coming from Berryessa but I can see you guys are not seeing things eye to eye:(:(. He can be kind of short fused so nows probably not a good time.

·
Distinguished Member
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DID YOU NOT SEE THE ADD ABOVE THIS THREAD R & R PROP REPAIR:)bulb:D
Steve, that thing changes so frequently, I never look at it.

Delta Propeller in lodi does great work. We ding my buddys bad last year and they fixed it better than new. There # is 209-366-1555, They are just down the street form joeys shop.
Thanks Lester, I'm through there every few days, I'll give them a shot.

Dave stay away from the Stainless they vibrate like a mofo especially the three blades. Scott Pellaton got me a 4 blade bronze for my Ski Sanger that is the only way to go.:D
Dave, thanks for the input. Seems everyone I talk to about these deals has a different idea what works. Defintely thinking I'll go with a 4 blade.
See ya at CFW....

·
Registered
517 Posts
There is a guy in Antioch Hyw 4 and Hillcrest i believe it's called the Prop Shop he used to help George and Ricky Santos on there dragster.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I've had oj's and Acme props on the roll cage boat.. Acme and it's not even close. Butter smooth and out performed at every single rpm.

·
Registered
817 Posts
prop repair

[QUOTE=David 519;680500]Not really a V-Drive question but is an inboard question. We dinged the prop over the weekend on our family truckster (Malibu Response tournament boat). Gonna buy a new stainless replacement but would like to repair the old bronze prop for a back up. Any leads on who does this type of prop repair. I've never had to repair an inboard prop before and I'd appreciate any help.[/QUOTE]
Harold Kindsvater559-299-2328

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe blow a little coin on a depth finder as well!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts