Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am in the process of getting a Hi Speed broze 3 blade prop repaired , rebalaced for a mini day cruiser. I thought any knowledge could be passed on for any body with questions could be posted here. Maybe like safety, material selection. ( I have been told thats it's not safe to run the bronze prop due to speed and power of a blown BBC) Even though it's stamped Hi-Speed. Size selection, two blade, three blade. Thanks for any info passed along for people to review.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks palhal. So what factors are in play in one: Looking for a new Steel prop. What type of steel, what pitch, size ect.

and two: what aspects go into classifing the Nickel-Bronze as High Speed. I am guessing RPM but what RPM.

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
WRIGHTON: Please step up and buy a Steel or a Stainless Steel Propeller. Please Please Please don't use a Bronze prop on a blown engine.
I have both type propellers in stock

JW

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt get a chance to call today. However, I got my prop. PMI tested and it is a Nibral material not just bronze. I still would like to get a steel prop ordered. It is a 3 blade 12x15. Another sanger mini day cruiser is running a 11.5 x 15. Any advantages over the two. Mine did start as a 13x15. Thanks for chiming in and providing some imput. guys. It is much appreaciated. I will continue to keep these old boats going.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wrighton----The Hi Speed on the bronze casting is just a name given to that type of prop from the Mfg. Get rid of your bronze, nibral props. I have some Stellings 3/B Forged Steel Heat Treated Props made by Sanger Boats that are new and were run on their daycruisers like what you have. A 11 3/4" X 16 & 15 is what some of my customers are running on their Sanger Day Cruisers. If you have a 2-Speed the Diameter needs to be bigger. E-mail me if interested.---Palhal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts