Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be a good 2 blade prop size for 800ish hp in a 20' cambell tunnel v-drive, th400, unknown gears at this time

thanks, jeremie

·
Boat 502
1,298 Posts
Germ, call Ron Braskma (RB Props) or Prime Marine. They could probably get you pretty close the first time around. I have a set of 22's that I want to get rid of, but they might be to small for your application ? Is this that all white cruiser you had at the Avi a few years back ? You making the CP deal ?

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Germ, call Ron Braskma (RB Props) or Prime Marine. They could probably get you pretty close the first time around. I have a set of 22's that I want to get rid of, but they might be to small for your application ? Is this that all white cruiser you had at the Avi a few years back ? You making the CP deal ?
no this is a new to me 1976 20'cambell tunnel v-drive cruiser th400 12*box i think got my race motor in it then blew the tranny should have the tranny back by the end of next week at the latest

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not sure on the gears but after 10 rotations of the input shaft the output shaft rotated 23-7/8 turns. at the present time the boat has a 12/15 ss 3 blade on it

·
InsaneInjun
592 Posts
not sure on the gears but after 10 rotations of the input shaft the output shaft rotated 23-7/8 turns. at the present time the boat has a 12/15 ss 3 blade on it
tom bently was in auburn ca.last i knew.got all my stuff for my cruiser from him.let me know if you need a number.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
uuuh.. You sure?? That's comin' up on 140% over.... That's quite the gear set..

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i know for sure 1 rotation of the input shaft is 1-1/4 of the out put shaft. i probably got something mixed up when trying to keep count with the 10 revolutions of the input shaft

1 - 12 of 12 Posts