Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Proud DLB Member
285 Posts
Rob, I have a stock 32 pitch bravo 4 blade that you can try. It is sized for the larger prop shaft. I can bring it to Don Pedro on the 20th. Will you be there that weekend? Keith

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Keith
Don has Whats left of my drive, he found another drive with 1.50 gears my old one had 1.36 gears don said if I keep the 1.50s I will need a 32p prop or I have him put the 1.36s in the new drive. What do you think.

Rob:):)punch

·
Proud DLB Member
285 Posts
I think that Don is right. If you are using a 30P now with 1.36 gears, you would need a 32 with 1.50 gears to keep a similar final drive ratio. What RPM were you able to get to at WOT with the 1.26 gears with the 30P prop? What RPM does your motor make peak HP? For example, if your motor makes peak power at 6500 RPM and you were only able to pull to 6,000 with the 1.26 gears and 30 prop, then you would now be able to get closer to max RPM with the 1.5 gears and staying with your current 30P prop. On the other hand if your motor makes peak power at 6,000 RPM and you were able to reach that with your old set up, you would want a 32P prop to keep it from over revving with the new 1.5 gears.

Are you going to bring your boat to Don Pedro? If so, I will bring my 32P prop and you can try it.

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
I think If your getting a new gear set you should put the 136 gears back in it . YOu will spend a lot of monety on the bigger wheels figuring out where to be. you may want a 34 for cruising. If you stay at the 136 you will be in the 28/30/32 range for different applications. these size props are more available and more reasonable. just my .02 good luck with the drive . yo migt even ask Don about going to 1.24 gears

1 - 6 of 6 Posts