Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
4GsFloatin
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have anything to say either positive or negative in regards to their carbs? Thanks in advance...

Bill

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
4GsFloatin
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warren Johnson as in the nascar racer? Are you saying that he tried to get prosystems carbs allowed or something? Seriously....I'm just trying to get clarification on a carb I might potentially buy for my 496 build...I have heard good about Quick Fuels as well, but I though I would ask on the boards here...not trying to stir any pots, just trying to get info....before I blow a wad of cash on a carb...

Bill

·
4GsFloatin
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol! Yeah I meant to put NHRA...goes to show I shouldn't try to reply while dealing with two kids fighting over crayons! Ha! Thanks for the info and replies though...just trying to get edjumucated so that I can make a good edjumucated decision!

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
They are the best. I use them exclusively.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Anyone have anything to say either positive or negative in regards to their carbs? Thanks in advance...

Bill
Patrick is a pretty smart guy:

Got one of his 1,200's a couple years ago.

S CP

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I have tried the 1050 dominator on a 496 and had good luck! Then I got a set of 1050s for a 555 with a tunnel ram and had some problems! Called 5 times and no reply so no help on them! I must be to small a fish for his bussiness! After about 2500.00 worth of my money!

Good carbs and guy! I guess to over loaded to keep up!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I have tried the 1050 dominator on a 496 and had good luck! Then I got a set of 1050s for a 555 with a tunnel ram and had some problems! Called 5 times and no reply so no help on them! I must be to small a fish for his bussiness! After about 2500.00 worth of my money!

Coby you might go over to YellowBullet and start asking and telling whos carbs you Have;)

that will bring out the wolves and then Patrick will be more than willing to help:)hand.

i Hate SOB that wont call back:)st

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Lance Patton is who I have used for many years. He was with John Reed back when John "invented" the blueprinted carb. That is who I would recommend.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have one of their carbs and I will never buy another holley again. Patrick always responds to my emails and anytime I need help they are a phone call away or an email.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts

Well that sucks he and I talked several time on the phone and lots of info back and forth on e-mails.

S CP

·
Diesel Pimp
1,256 Posts
Great Carbs!!

I have seen as much as a 51 hp gain over a QFT at the wheels on our Chassis dyno, On the same 4150 base.

Patrick has a 24 hour tech line that he monitors, I had a question last night on this SV1 I just put on my boat and he called back in about a half hour. And it was after 9pm where he lives.

The SV1 sounds great on the hose, awesome throttle response. Have to wait till Friday to see how it runs compared to the Dominator.:)devil

IMG_0555.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've never had a problem getting a hold of Patrick. I honestly wonder if your calling the right number, of ten people I leave messages for, he will be the first to return my call. I just bought my first carb from him, a 940cfm 4150. I was considering his SV1, but he said it wasn't the right carb for me. Good price too.

·
4GsFloatin
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like a good carb and backed up by a good person too....

My whole deal is budget...(like so many others right now), and I'm trying to debate with myself over the difference of about $125 vs a QFT 950 or a 950 from Patrick. I need to just pull the trigger and get one soon, but I am in need of other parts to get this built and back in the water too...ya know, same story and same situation as most. LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts