Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Desert Racing Widow
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any SOY protein mixes that taste decent? Seems like the whey ones are the only ones that are tolerable. I have to choke down all of the soy ones. Don't want the cholesterol that the whey protein has, so I'm choking down the soy :)sphss any suggestions?

· Ultra 27 Shadow
1,854 Posts
Are there any SOY protein mixes that taste decent? Seems like the whey ones are the only ones that are tolerable. I have to choke down all of the soy ones. Don't want the cholesterol that the whey protein has, so I'm choking down the soy :)sphss any suggestions?
Whey protein is way better for you than soy especially for men. Bioplex makes a great tasting WPI(Whey Protein Isolate). Has zero sugar, zero artificial sweeteners and NO CHOLESTEROL. You can order it online here. Best price I have found. www.allstarhealth.com Another company my buddy owns is
www.mrm-usa.com they have some quality and good tasting products.

Mike

· Desert Racing Widow
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whey protein is way better for you than soy especially for men. Bioplex makes a great tasting WPI(Whey Protein Isolate). Has zero sugar, zero artificial sweeteners and NO CHOLESTEROL. You can order it online here. Best price I have found. www.allstarhealth.com Another company my buddy owns is
www.mrm-usa.com they have some quality and good tasting products.

Mike
That looks good. Thanks. However, it does have sucralose in it (Splenda). Which is fine with me. Perhaps the natural doesn't, though. I like to mix the vanilla with orange gatorade.

· Desert Racing Widow
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep. Just checked, the "natural" flavor has no sucralose.

· Premium Member
3,000 Posts

Angie

A scoop of vanilla ice cream will fix the taste problem!

Carl

· Some guys never learn.
626 Posts
Angie,

It does have Whey in it but Muscle Milk is the best protien drink in my opinion. And soy is not all it's cracked up to be. Probably not to bad for you cuz your a woman but soy can really mess with a mans hormone levels.

· Registered
320 Posts
You want a mix of different kinds of proteins so they digest slowly. I like the Max muscle high 5.
this is true. the mix does not make it digest slowly though, the 3 types digest at differen't rates, giving you the most benifet. also look for one that has full branch chain amino acids. Cost Co used to sale some in a large bag that tasted great and was probably one of the better ones for you that i have found. They have changed brands but the newer one looks to be about the same as far as contents.

sorry that doesn't answer your question about soy but if your not limited to having to have it look into the others.

· Banned
1,074 Posts
Angie,

It does have Whey in it but Muscle Milk is the best protien drink in my opinion. And soy is not all it's cracked up to be. Probably not to bad for you cuz your a woman but soy can really mess with a mans hormone levels.
Great taste but I had to stop using it because of bloat. LOTS of calories in Muscle Milk even the new light Milk they have.

Real men don't do soy.

Whey protein isolate is the quick-acting protein. I take it in the morning before gym; Whey casein is best taken before bed because it's slower.

· Premium Member
263 Posts
The EAS protein from Costco is very good. It is a soy based protein and mixed with the Kirkland brand soy milk taste great. The high levels of soy (especially when mixed with soy milk) boost estrogine levels and is not the most benifical type of protein for men. For women its great. I use it evey now and then because it tases so good and is pretty cheep. Give it a try and you wont be disapoited.

I'm no expert this is just my opinon on a very limited knowledge.

· Banned
1,074 Posts
^^^That's what I use. ON Any Whey Isolate. NO SOY.

· Banned
1,074 Posts
Big Inch what's the dyno numbers on your motor? Is that a Holley 1050 sitting on top?

· Registered
1,033 Posts
There are things to change the flavor...I always use milk in my postworkout shakes in the morning...I have triend soy this way, but use Optimum Whey Protien. I mix with milk, fresh strawberries, half a banana, handfull of blue berries and 1 cup of plain oatmeal....instant healthy breakfast and great for recouping after a hard workout. :)devil

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Angie,

ITs great for men who bulk, not for women. Way to many calories, if anything get the light muscle milk.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.