Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The PS boats put on the what I feel was the best show of the weekend. Dale Hernadaze( In Mike Smith's(Canada) Big Ford Powered Long Deck Biesemeyer) ended up winning all four heats and the North American championship but each heat saw some great side by side racing lap after lap with Dale winning by only a couple boat length each heat.
The SE's saw 4 boats. The guys in the class have become good friends on shore sharing information and swapping parts,and the PS guys have been more than willing to share props/gears, sets ups and knowledge they have collected over the years. This has not however translated to the race course as the the guys have become more racey and are all fighting for position. This translated into a couple DQ's. I'm not sure how this all worked out in the end. Charley continues to make minor adjustments on his Lavey and is ever so close to reaching the 85 mph mark. We're probably going to lose Charlie as he will most likely be returning to the West coast so you guys better be on your game because he is fast. Pete's old faithfull Hallett continues to run lap after lap as he continues to make improvements and I believe Pete ended up with his first heat win ever and the traditional dunking. Greg Barker has worked hard over the winter on his Lavey and it sure showed this weekend as in one heat he lead start to finish only to be DQed but showed his boat is equally as fast as Charlie. Rob Kauffman show up with the beautifully, John Harvey restored Biesemeyer Loelie. Although Rob was plagued with Gremlins all weekend in between Gremlins Rob showed signs of being equally as fast as anyone and even managed to be awared a heat win.No matter how you got it a wins a win. Once Rob gets the bugs out, the Lorile is going to be a boat you have to beat.
Intrest continues to grow in the SE's and hopefully by next year we will have a few more boats. Tim

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Thanks...

The PS boats put on the what I feel was the best show of the weekend. Dale Hernadaze( In Mike Smith's(Canada) Big Ford Powered Long Deck Biesemeyer) ended up winning all four heats and the North American championship but each heat saw some great side by side racing lap after lap with Dale winning by only a couple boat length each heat.
The SE's saw 4 boats. The guys in the class have become good friends on shore sharing information and swapping parts,and the PS guys have been more than will to share props/gears, sets ups and knowledge they have collected over the years. This has not however translated to the race course as the the guys have become more racey and are all fighting for position. This translated into a couple DQ's. I'm not sure how this all worked out in the end. Charley continues to make minor adjustments on his Lavey and is ever so close to reaching the 85 mph mark. We're probably going to lose Charlie as has he will most likely be returning to the West coast so you guys better be on your game because he is fast. Pete's old faithfull Hallett continues to run lap after lap as he continues to make improvements and I believe Pete ended up with his first heat win ever and the traditional dunking. Greg Barker has worked hard over the winter on his Lavey and it sure showed this weekend as in one heat he lead start to finish only to be DQed but showed his boat is equally as fast as Charlie. Rob Kauffman show up with the beautifully, John Harvey restored Biesemeyer Loelie. Although Rob was plagued with Gremlins all weekend in between Gremlins Rob showed signs of being equally as fast as anyone and even managed to be awared a heat win.No matter how you got it a wins a win. Once Rob gets the bugs out, the Lorile is going to be a boat you have to beat.
Intrest continues to grow in the SE's and hopefully by next year we will have a few more boats. Tim
Thanks for the drama free race report..:))THumbsUp.. It's always encouraging to hear about good, close, SAFE racing...

Now, how about a report on the Dale Jr. show, OFF the water??? :D:D Will the town ever be the same????
Ray

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now, how about a report on the Dale Jr. show, OFF the water??? :D:D Will the town ever be the same????
Ray
Ray,
This was not Dale's first time in Tonawanda. He has created a very intersting following. From the time he touched down here in Buffalo at the car rental place to dragging everone to "AVA'S !!!
Saturday night after the races we all headed into town for supplies, Beer,chips,snacks,more beer etc.
Dale walked up to the counter and I overheard him ask for a box of condoms. When the clerk returned he asked Dale if he wanted a paper bag:
Dale: She's NOT THAT UGLY !!!
although he did admitt she could use a Dental plan !!!!
Dale's a great guy and one hell of a driver, he could drive my boat anytime and it's always a pleasure having Dale around. Sorry Dale just telling the truth, hope to see you in a couple weeks at Geneva. Tim

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Keeping up?

I'm not sure which is harder, keeping up with Dale on the water, or keeping up in town???.. I've had some fun times with him and his Dad.....
Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts