Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Come on out to the Puddingstone Fun Day being held by the National Water Ski Racing Association and Region II. Great day for people to come out and try racing. This event is geared towards entry level racing with entry level classes like the "Grass Roots Race" for first timers and the novice races for the entry level. Plus relay races, draws, etc. If you know how to ski, come out and have a good time. Even if you don't have equipment and want to show up, put it up on the board here and there are plenty of people willing to help out. You don't have to have a boat to show up either. If you want to ski, we will make sure you get out on the water. Great warm up for the US Open at Parker October 9-11.

Special Thanks to our sponsors...
Goldsmith Construction
Karl Brooks Memorial Fund
Jim Mobley
Team Bottom Line - Peter and Valerie Kompaniez

I've been trying to upload the entry form, but it is too large for me to do. So if you want it, either PM me, or you can email me at [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

Let me know if you have any questions! Hope to see you all there!

·
Upstanding Member
12,715 Posts
Hey everyone! Come on out to the Puddingstone Fun Day being held by the National Water Ski Racing Association and Region II. Great day for people to come out and try racing. This event is geared towards entry level racing with entry level classes like the "Grass Roots Race" for first timers and the novice races for the entry level. Plus relay races, draws, etc. If you know how to ski, come out and have a good time. Even if you don't have equipment and want to show up, put it up on the board here and there are plenty of people willing to help out. You don't have to have a boat to show up either. If you want to ski, we will make sure you get out on the water. Great warm up for the US Open at Parker October 9-11.

Special Thanks to our sponsors...
Goldsmith Construction
Karl Brooks Memorial Fund
Jim Mobley
Team Bottom Line - Peter and Valerie Kompaniez

I've been trying to upload the entry form, but it is too large for me to do. So if you want it, either PM me, or you can email me at [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

Let me know if you have any questions! Hope to see you all there!
Will there be boat rides available for a small fee. :)

·
Old Timer
1,140 Posts
Will they allow 200' Ski Ropes?

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
You'll have to make a run up to ClearLake on Saturday if you want to run that length of rope in a circle... Recall the rope requirements being 90'? Will definately be a fun day. Too bad Region 1 and 11 have their circles on the same day. But there is the US Open coming up....Parker bound.....

Amy - what day are you heading out to Parker? Thinking of getting there early on Thursday. Can go out and play on the 360's if you're interested. Andy will be there early, so we need 1 more to do a chinese fire drill around the boat for the ski, observer, driver combination.

Skied till about sun down last night out on the delta...so nice. My head is still partially there. Sean

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
Do you have FAT skies for FAT guys?????

JW

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
Performance Boats Magazine will be there covering your event. I like watching water ski racing and I think this event will be something to watch!

JW

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There are a few classes which you can use a longer rope! Sorry I couldn't get the flier up here, but here are the guidelines for rope length here:

All “fun” races will be using 90’ ski lines (total including handles). The only races longer lines are allowed is the Grass Roots Race,
Hands Out Front, Mens Novice, Womens Novice, 16 & Under Boys, and 16 & Under Girls.

Sooooo, if you've ever ski raced you can't do Grass Roots, but, if you have you can still do Men's Novice.

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this is soooo us arguing on perf. forums!!! i like to ski faast
LOL!

You can come to ski fast! There will be classes that will get moving pretty good! Bemo went about 60 on the double skis last time around, and kicked all our butts on them!

Here's a list of some of the races and explanations on them...

Grass Roots Race – All skiers must have joined as Grass Roots Members for Puddingstone Fun Day. Existing USAWS and NWSRA
members not eligible. 2 LAPS

Double Ski Relay – A team will consist of 4 skiers. Each skier will ski one lap on a pair of double skis, the skiers will switch, and the
next skier will ski a lap. First team across the finish line with all skiers completing their laps wins. 4 LAPS

Driver/Observer/Skier Relay – A team of 3 will all ski one lap in a relay format. Only 3 people (the driver, observer, and skier) are
allowed in the boat and each member must ski one lap. 3 LAPS

Double-UP Draw –Skiers sign up, names will be drawn randomly to form team. Two people ski side by side behind one boat. 2 LAPS

Reverse Direction Race – Two skiers ski side by side with a partner, boat, and observer of their choice, going the reverse direction
(clockwise) around the race course. 2 LAPS

Paling Race – 1 skier. Must ski on a “Fence Paling”, fence post, piece of wood with no bindings. 2 LAPS

3-Legged Race – Two skiers on 3 skis. Center ski is shared by both skiers (typically using a double boot ski) with a pair of doubles used
for the outside skis. 2 LAPS

Two Man Decathlon – A team will consist of two skiers (only one will ski at a time), and a driver. The first skier will ski on a pair of
trick ski’s (and must “attempt” a 360 within the first 300 feet) and then complete 1 lap. After 1 lap, the skiers will switch with the next
skier skiing one lap on a ski with no bindings, after the 2nd lap, the skiers will switch again. The 3rd lap will be on a ski with no fin. After
the 3rd lap, the skiers will switch for the last time to use the ski of their choice (It can be anything you want, race ski, play ski, etc.).
Skiers must alternate, the person who ski’s first on the trick ski’s must then ski 3rd on the finless.

I predict the 3 legged race, and the reverse direction race will be some of hte most entertaining races. Especially considering we only know how ot go fast and turn left!!! LOL

The mixed draw double up races is usually a pretty fast one, and the driver/observer/skier race gets going pretty fast too. So there are some races you could participate in. :)

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You'll have to make a run up to ClearLake on Saturday if you want to run that length of rope in a circle... Recall the rope requirements being 90'? Will definately be a fun day. Too bad Region 1 and 11 have their circles on the same day. But there is the US Open coming up....Parker bound.....

Amy - what day are you heading out to Parker? Thinking of getting there early on Thursday. Can go out and play on the 360's if you're interested. Andy will be there early, so we need 1 more to do a chinese fire drill around the boat for the ski, observer, driver combination.

Skied till about sun down last night out on the delta...so nice. My head is still partially there. Sean
Unfortunately this is the busy season for me at work. It's bad enough I'm taking Friday off with about 11 concurrent conferences going on... No doubt there will be some sort of disaster that happens, and I will be on damage control while racing! So we won't be getting there until late Thursday night... But I'll be ther ready to ski the Women's Marathon bright and early Friday morning, and ready to ski as many classes I can handle! I think I may have to cut down on one this year from last since I'll be skiing the Women's and the Mini Marathons... Last year I just about killed myself skiing 4 classes. Especially since two classes were back to back. :)coffee

Looking forward to it though! I think participation is going to be up this year since we are going to Parker. SOOOOOO STOKED!:)devil

·
I have no member.
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this is mine and amy's first fight so hopefully we get through this and kiss
Oh honey... Be ready for a knock down drag out! You better be bringing me a bitchin' new pair of shoes, and I might lighten up... MIGHT. :|err

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've always wanted to try and get into Waterski racing. what would I have to do to try and hook up with somebody to try and get out there?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts