Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just lookin for some opinions on were to mount my puke tank.low or high on the back of the scoop? It would be alot easyer to fab up the low mount. but if put it higher I may need a secondary brace to keep it sturdy. But the breather would be it the wind a little more blowing any smell if any away. has anyone mounted there puke tank like this on there scoop if any could you post a pick Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
We just mounted ours to the top cap opening in the back with the thin metal brackets that come with them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Kinda goin through the same thing here on my boat .. Is it better to mount them hi or low ???

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THANKS GUYS!!!!!! for the ideas. I pulled out some scrap I had this is what I came up with so far. Im not sure if its thick enuff but it may work.I have to fit the gussets and maybe drill a hole in them before they get tiggwelded. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pan Evac system into the headers simplifies the system if the headers are running dry. JMO
I did have evacs on headers but Im putting shotgun tips on and I guess if you run water you cant have evacs on the headers with the shotguns. I might need to push water through headers to pass the D/B test the water cop is gunnin for me and I want to pass!!!!! so after about $1500 in parts + my labor I hope my changes work. I will post more pics as I go with the up grades.

·
NW Boater
121 Posts
looks Good ...Nice Work

THANKS GUYS!!!!!! for the ideas. I pulled out some scrap I had this is what I came up with so far. Im not sure if its thick enuff but it may work.I have to fit the gussets and maybe drill a hole in them before they get tiggwelded. What do you think?
:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
why cant you use them if the headers are wet? wouldnt the vac keep water out and the check valves just be a precaution?
Im am no pro at this but 2 members said with the shotgun tips and evacs on headers the water doesnt come out of weep holes as well. so I listen to them instead of taking a chance. here is a pick of the shotgun mufflers I got they are very cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Im am no pro at this but 2 members said with the shotgun tips and evacs on headers the water doesnt come out of weep holes as well. so I listen to them instead of taking a chance. here is a pick of the shotgun mufflers I got they are very cool.
sorry i forgot you mentioned the shotguns. that would make sense. what about just open wet headers with no shotguns? could you use the evac then?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts