Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
professional slacker
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to San Diego yesterday with a board bag with my longboard and my short board, wetsuit, tent, and skateboard.

When I got to the check point the dog started going nuts and the INS guys told me to pull over and asked me to get out of the car, hands to my side and told me that the dog smelled drugs. I laugh because I have been stright edge all my life.

I said "Go ahead and search the whole truck, you wont find anything". So the dog jumps in the car and goes searchin.. I get the 3rd degree about whats in my bags and don't lie to them about the drugs. 5 minutes later, nothing.

They were cool and told me they were sorry and that the dog is trained to look for drugs and illegals." Continued on with "The illegals smell really bad, so you must have some dirty clothes in there"

Sure enough damn wetsuit and board shorts smell like ass mold. And i'm kinda dirty ass bum anyways.

:)sphss

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
"ass mold"... nice idea for the name of a new fragrance.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was just gonna say that!, foc'rs go nuts over hockey gear!!
There is such a unique smell to hockey gear - or an ice rink locker room for that matter.
Also one of the reasons giving some one a "face-wash" can be an effective way of pizzing them off.:D

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
not to thread jack, but on the way home from glamis on monday, towing my toyhauler, the guy in front of me got through the check point..with mexico plates..waved through. I, on the other hand, get stopped and questioned. What a world what a world!

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
When I was a kid driving back from surf trips in San Diego, when we went through the I-5 Checkpoint at San Clemente, everyone except the driver (there were usually 4 or 5 of us) would have towels over their heads.

We were waved through every single time. We thought about how easy it would be smuggle illegals. Just get a '65 Dodge Dart with a rack and 1/2 dozen surfboards and we could bring them up 4 or 5 at a time. :D

Wonder how far that would go these days.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I was driving to San Diego yesterday with a board bag with my longboard and my short board, wetsuit, tent, and skateboard.

When I got to the check point the dog started going nuts and the INS guys told me to pull over and asked me to get out of the car, hands to my side and told me that the dog smelled drugs. I laugh because I have been stright edge all my life.

I said "Go ahead and search the whole truck, you wont find anything". So the dog jumps in the car and goes searchin.. I get the 3rd degree about whats in my bags and don't lie to them about the drugs. 5 minutes later, nothing.

They were cool and told me they were sorry and that the dog is trained to look for drugs and illegals." Continued on with "The illegals smell really bad, so you must have some dirty clothes in there"

Sure enough damn wetsuit and board shorts smell like ass mold. And i'm kinda dirty ass bum anyways.

:)sphss
Nice, it's a good thing the dog didn't tear a whole in the drivers seat....:D

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
There is such a unique smell to hockey gear - or an ice rink locker room for that matter.
Also one of the reasons giving some one a "face-wash" can be an effective way of pizzing them off.:D
like wise with boardshorts and a wetsuit or towel that hasnt been washed in a while...the worst is when you leave it in your truck after a hot day and come back to it!

·
Registered
274 Posts
like wise with boardshorts and a wetsuit or towel that hasnt been washed in a while...the worst is when you leave it in your truck after a hot day and come back to it!
I can imagine.
I'm originally from Northern Ohio, so no experience in surfing, but enough hockey.
Just someone mentioning the "hockey" smell brings back memories. I can almost still smell my old CCM gloves.

·
ERECT MEMBER
2,414 Posts
I go to yuma alot for loads of rock, I go thru the checkpoint by the Salton Sea, always been nice. Last month when I rolled thru they had a new female officer....WOW...I was beggin her to check me out but she just laughed and told me to be on my way. Next trip Im gonna roll around in the dirt and speak spanish when I roll thru:D:D

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
When I was a kid driving back from surf trips in San Diego, when we went through the I-5 Checkpoint at San Clemente, everyone except the driver (there were usually 4 or 5 of us) would have towels over their heads.

We were waved through every single time. We thought about how easy it would be smuggle illegals. Just get a '65 Dodge Dart with a rack and 1/2 dozen surfboards and we could bring them up 4 or 5 at a time. :D

Wonder how far that would go these days.
What a Hooligan you were in your youth :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts