Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help... I would like to see some photos of pump braces so I can attempt to build one. What thickness of Alum is required?

Also what do I need to know before installing a Rail Kit? Do they typically line up with the stringer or get mounted at an angle? What else do I need to know?

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Im in the process of doing one on my gullwing and Im going with 3/8 t-6 lumi. if you need it thicker then you have other issues:) The one in the link is a very nice piece. it doesnt really get any better than that......

Spitter

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here are some progress pics of the rail kit I built for the boat that I have for sale now. No pump brace on this one. Plates and Feet are 3/8" and rails are 1/4". Last pic is all the billet that went in the boat. Some hand built; some off the shelf. Mount the rails level then make the plates to fit the rail position. The only time you would mount the rails at the pump angle (or close to it) is if you want to move the engine fore or aft; sometimes done on race boats to test different Cg positions. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here are some progress pics of the rail kit I built for the boat that I have for sale now. No pump brace on this one. Plates and Feet are 3/8" and rails are 1/4". Last pic is all the billet that went in the boat. Some hand built; some off the shelf. Mount the rails level then make the plates to fit the rail position. The only time you would mount the rails at the pump angle (or close to it) is if you want to move the engine fore or aft; sometimes done on race boats to test different Cg positions. Good luck with your project.

sorry to hi-jack your thread but the cross over on the water pump inlet you have there i am looking for one of those any idea where i might find one thank you

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the photo from the GS link from warp speed. How do I know if I need to do 1 pump brace or 2? The boat I am working on has 2" stringers and is a lake layup, so I am guessing 2 might be overkill.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
sorry to hi-jack your thread but the cross over on the water pump inlet you have there i am looking for one of those any idea where i might find one thank you
I make them but I don't think I have anymore with the bow tie. I just have them with a plain face.

Like this...........

Also to get the thread back on track, this pic shows another rail kit with small alt and is setup for mechanical fuel pump.

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
Here is the photo from the GS link from warp speed. How do I know if I need to do 1 pump brace or 2? The boat I am working on has 2" stringers and is a lake layup, so I am guessing 2 might be overkill.

Thanks guys!

What kind of boat and how much power is going to it?

·
2,925 Posts
I make them but I don't think I have anymore with the bow tie. I just have them with a plain face.

Like this...........

Also to get the thread back on track, this pic shows another rail kit with small alt and is setup for mechanical fuel pump.

Go ahead and put up more pics of that sexy muthaf**king rigging :) That was a beautiful setup!!!!!!! Go ahead, you got bragging rights brotha;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
What kind of boat and how much power is going to it?
Mudpumper :)hand,

I sold the Avenger/Challenger I bought from you. That was a fun boat and I won high points champion two years in a row in the 60-70 bracket. Bigblockbill is one of my best buds and he is helping me re-rig a TX-19 that I bought. We want to move up and run in the faster classes. We are trying to get as close to 900hp out of it as we can and are working with Chris Straub and some others to get there. Realistically, we will definitely be putting in over 800 hp, just don't have the exact numbers yet.

The TX-19 is a heavy lake layup and has two inch full length stringers.

·
Registered
210 Posts

Like this...........

how much for a plain one

·
Registered
911 Posts

Like this...........

Any closer shots of the front plates. Does that alternator set up only work with a small unit?

·
2,925 Posts
Here are a few pics courtesy of Hi-techperformance.com

·
Registered
184 Posts
Any closer shots of the front plates. Does that alternator set up only work with a small unit?
I'll look for a tighter shot. I made this front plate to fit a small alternator only, but there may be enough material to make a larger hole to fit a conventional one.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Here's a pic of Hi-Techs latest version.....Pretty sure it sells for $75 but you might call just to make sure. Ken

·
2,925 Posts
Thats a nice piece Ken:) Hopefully Jane doesnt see that. She will be all over you for posting that:|err:|err

How ya been ken?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Been doing great bud! Aside from a couple of ice storms, and having a serious case of "no lake time"!!!

Re Jane: it's a tough job, but someone has to do it! lol
I love ignore buttons.havn't read one of her posts in over a year now!

Ken

1 - 20 of 20 Posts