Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 751 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a few questions for the exsperts. Building a lake boat Cole runner bottom. Finally made my decision on route to go. Manifold is dart with induction solutions 2 stage setup (port) . Building motor around that system . What cubes ,rotating assembly ect. Was going to go a different route (blown e85) but want a pump gas deal that I can run around and then when I want to haul ass spray it down.... just looking for advice. Don't have any parts yet other than manifold, dry sump pan and system. Thnks.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Have a few questions for the exsperts. Building a lake boat Cole runner bottom. Finally made my decision on route to go. Manifold is dart with induction solutions 2 stage setup (port) . Building motor around that system . What cubes ,rotating assembly ect. Was going to go a different route (blown e85) but want a pump gas deal that I can run around and then when I want to haul ass spray it down.... just looking for advice. Don't have any parts yet other than manifold, dry sump pan and system. Thnks.
Who knows their system better that Steve Johnson? I sure he can tell you just how much compression you can get away for a given HP level.
As far as cubes, its hard to beat 632ci based on a Dart 10.4" tall deck. Well, 700 ci based on a alum Donovan maybe.:wink2:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know right Steve said 10.1 and spray with race gas. Cubes is personal preference he liked 540 I was thinkin 496. Anyway I'm starting from scratch. ...

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I know right Steve said 10.1 and spray with race gas. Cubes is personal preference he liked 540 I was thinkin 496. Anyway I'm starting from scratch. ...
496 you can build from any MKIV 4 bolt. The 540 will require a 502 block at the least, or an aftermarket block.
You still haven't mention the HP of the spray. 600HP 496 and 500HP of spray will probably not last to long with a stock block.

You have to make those decisions, or somebody here will spend your money on billet cranks and Oliver rods, 14* heads and anything else they can dream up.
Did you have a rich aunt that died, or are you doing this on aluminum can recycling budget?

Left up to some of us here, we can spend your money like a drunken sailor on shore leave with a stolen credit card.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spray is 200hp or 400hp I guess I was lookin for what other people are using with success in lake boat application

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
Spray is 200hp or 400hp I guess I was lookin for what other people are using with success in lake boat application

10.2:1 bbc 489 with AFR aluminum heads and mild roller. Runs 36* timining on our local 91 octane pump. Pushes my Hondo into the low 100s pretty easily, na only. What class do you want to run? A well built pump gas 496 will run ME in a decent flat and spray should let you go TE.

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
. Was going to go a different route (blown e85) but want a pump gas deal that I can run around and then when I want to haul ass spray it down.... just looking for advice. .
The blown E85 route would be a better way to go IMO if E85 is easily available in your area.
Nitrous is the time payment plan power adder. After a few years you would have spent enough getting bottles refilled to get some real performance parts rather than "air"

Calculate how many tanks of nitrous add up to what you would have into the blown E85 setup and the residual value of both systems.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. E85 is readily available around here. Very inconsistent though as far as being true e85. This boat is gonna spend most it's life away from shore so some mileage kind of comes into play. I know it's a hot rod but don't want to be a shore dweller. I have a limited amount of time to finish project have another child coming so have to get going. Thnks for all the advice it's really helpful...

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
If the Dart is un-ported I'd do 540ci.

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Interesting. E85 is readily available around here. Very inconsistent though as far as being true e85. This boat is gonna spend most it's life away from shore so some mileage kind of comes into play. I know it's a hot rod but don't want to be a shore dweller. I have a limited amount of time to finish project have another child coming so have to get going. Thnks for all the advice it's really helpful...

Unless you're willing to risk turning your expensive engine into a pile of trash, I'd stay away form pump e85. JMO.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10-4. I have talked to you before . I have notes from that convo. You stated that then. Only reason I was gonna go toward 496 is I have access to a good block and crank.but the 540 makes more sense for future tear down/adding hp ect.

·
SDBA #819
276 Posts
100mph lake boat is very respectable

Carnivalride:2961226 said:

10.2:1 bbc 489 with AFR aluminum heads and mild roller. Runs 36* timining on our local 91 octane pump. Pushes my Hondo into the low 100s pretty easily, na only. What class do you want to run? A well built pump gas 496 will run ME in a decent flat and spray should let you go TE.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree. Wasn't concerned about mph just want to accelerate realy hard hence the squeeze

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Unless you're willing to risk turning your expensive engine into a pile of trash, I'd stay away form pump e85. JMO.
Please Explain!!!!!!!!!!

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
So what DIRECT experience have you had with pump E85 ?

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Please Explain!!!!!!!!!!
Too many guys losing motors because of a missed tune up as a result of bad fuel. We hear it all the time. You really never know what you're getting with E85 from the pump. Once you learn about the stuff, most agree it's not worth the risk.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I found it very interesting, and still do, that EVERY SINGLE GN that has taken down an engine since E85 has been allowed, has been running E85. I also found it interesting that no less than 4 companies are selling race E85 and selling it for more money than their race gas. WTF?!?!?!?

So I looked into it. Have YOU looked into it Mark, or do you just buy the stuff because it fucking cheap, and its GREAT SHIT without know jack shit about the stuff.

Every body talks about it always being at or above 85%, because they tested it with super duper 15.00 water tester That's fucking scientific if there ever was one.
85% WHAT?? Do you KNOW?? All you KNOW with your grade school boy scout scientific tester is that its 85% water soluble AND NOTING MORE.
And you put that shit in your so called high performance engine,
That's as insane as saying ANY 110 octane gas is the same as any other and they as use the same tune, same jetting. If believe that line of shit, you really do need a O2 sensor to tune your engine.

NO E85 sold at the corner gas station is nearly consistent as race fuel. BECAUSE PUMP GAS IN NOT CONSISTANT!!!! Not even remotely close. So you are not strapped with having to chase the weather for a tune, your are chasing the fucking fuel as well. So you buy fuel today in LA and ace Puddingstone in March, then buy fuel in late June, maybe in Twin Falls to race in Burley, and you only have to tune for the air, right? Good luck with that!!

I get a kick everytime I see somebody fucking with that little water tester. Like testing wind temperature and speed with a wet finger.
I could just see Warren Johnson or Anderson in the pits with the little water testers. Give me break

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
1 - 20 of 751 Posts