Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'm new to the boat rigging deal so bear with me......

I've been wanting to build a tribute boat to my grandpa's Liberty he had back in the day, it doubled as a family/drag boat until he started racing an unblown gas eliminator jet in the late 70's

I've just been trying to figure out what everything will cost "ballpark"
What does a decent high performance pump cost. Say I have a berkley that I want to have gone through...made really tough and dependable. Nothing thats going to set new records, but something that with big power I can hold my own. I think Mcclure was the one that did all my grandpa's stuff back in the day, but I have no idea what this stuff cost.
$1,500? 2k 3k or way more?

Thanks for the help

by the way looking for a 19' Liberty

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Ok guys I'm new to the boat rigging deal so bear with me......

I've been wanting to build a tribute boat to my grandpa's Liberty he had back in the day, it doubled as a family/drag boat until he started racing an unblown gas eliminator jet in the late 70's

I've just been trying to figure out what everything will cost "ballpark"
What does a decent high performance pump cost. Say I have a berkley that I want to have gone through...made really tough and dependable. Nothing thats going to set new records, but something that with big power I can hold my own. I think Mcclure was the one that did all my grandpa's stuff back in the day, but I have no idea what this stuff cost.
$1,500? 2k 3k or way more?

Thanks for the help

by the way looking for a 19' Liberty
You could get a nice pump for 2 to 3 grand. Assuming you have a good suction housing to start with.

·
Spiral out
1,545 Posts
If your parts are in good shape.....likely most of the cost would be in labor only. Though a SS impeller will be a cost that you'll probably want to pay for if you are running a fair amount of HP. Jack is the only person I'd want working on my jet.....you won't find a better result anywhere......and you'd be staying true to his and your heritage.

Finding the period correct Liberty similar to your GPa's is going to be the tough find for sure. If I see anything....you'll be the 1st to know.

It'll be costly to put the whole package together by bits and pieces.....but if you're up to the task, it should be fun.

Still hoping that you find the original boat......would make it much easier!

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
3K if you want the whole shi-bang. There is some new stuff out there now that was only available to the best of the best, or simply did not exist.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i havnt put it on the spam section yet, but i do have a factory berkeley JG/SS pump complete including intake that came out of a 19 liberty. the stainless impellor may have been cut, i will have to measure it. but all in excellent condition.i was saving it for my 18 rogers, but if you find a hull i will let the pump go for $1100. if interested let me know and i will give you more details.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
i havnt put it on the spam section yet, but i do have a factory berkeley JG/SS pump complete including intake that came out of a 19 liberty. the stainless impellor may have been cut, i will have to measure it. but all in excellent condition.i was saving it for my 18 rogers, but if you find a hull i will let the pump go for $1100. if interested let me know and i will give you more details.
That sounds like a hell of a deal there!

·
Registered
166 Posts
well i got a killer deal on it and havnt used it, so i thought id pass on the good fortune. the bowl is untouched so if someone wanted to do some work to it, its a fresh start. i will install new bushings and bearing if needed. the impellor and wear ring look excellent.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i got a killer deal on it and havnt used it, so i thought id pass on the good fortune. the bowl is untouched so if someone wanted to do some work to it, its a fresh start. i will install new bushings and bearing if needed. the impellor and wear ring look excellent.
Victor sounds like a good deal. I wanna find a boat first then see what I have to work with. But If I find something anytime soon, I'll let ya know. Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts