Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1976 CVX-20 Jet, 455 Olds
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang... new to this forum, seems like I'm in the right place.

little background: I have a '76 Glastron/Carlson CVX-20 Jet, 455 Olds. I just purchased a fresh rebuilt 455 (wanted to keep it original and a little unique) and will be having it installed in a few months at a buddy's place in OKC. While the eng is out, going to have floor/stringers redone as well, and need to have pump and bearings rebuilt and ready to go with new engine. Pump is a Berkeley 12JE-A, currently operational, but I'm pushing way beyond the 5,000 rpms the 455 needs to stay at. I bet the pump has never been rebuilt since new. I'm also hearing and feeling kind of a "tumbling" sound... think thats coming from either the universal joint or thrust bearing, or both? I don't know... maybe thats normal to hear a little of that?

Question: Any recommendations for a shop in OKC or close to there that could do a quality job on the pump while the engine is out? I also want to install place diverter.

Thanks for your time and assistance!

Mark

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Pump rebuild

Hi gang... new to this forum, seems like I'm in the right place.

little background: I have a '76 Glastron/Carlson CVX-20 Jet, 455 Olds. I just purchased a fresh rebuilt 455 (wanted to keep it original and a little unique) and will be having it installed in a few months at a buddy's place in OKC. While the eng is out, going to have floor/stringers redone as well, and need to have pump and bearings rebuilt and ready to go with new engine. Pump is a Berkeley 12JE-A, currently operational, but I'm pushing way beyond the 5,000 rpms the 455 needs to stay at. I bet the pump has never been rebuilt since new. I'm also hearing and feeling kind of a "tumbling" sound... think thats coming from either the universal joint or thrust bearing, or both? I don't know... maybe thats normal to hear a little of that?

Question: Any recommendations for a shop in OKC or close to there that could do a quality job on the pump while the engine is out? I also want to install place diverter.

Thanks for your time and assistance!

Mark
Mark get ahold of Craig Padgham in Dell city. Padgham truck parts. I know he's got a couple of friends that do pump work and I'm sure he will be able to help you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts