Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sit N' Spin
1,345 Posts
The intake on most pumps (except the E and F pumps which are the insert type similar to a Panther) is pretty much the same. The bowl is the main difference.

·
Angry American
2,968 Posts
The bowls are very similar and I think the major differences between the 2 is the pump shaft on the splined end of the A is longer than the G, the bearing caps are very different and I don't think you use a grease seal.
I'm just going by what I've seen in the past and have no experience with the A pump, sorry.

·
Premium Member
7,314 Posts
Cas is correct, The A intake is uniquley than the G , the A doesnt use a rear T' bearing seal and the pump shafts are different lengths , the A B and G bowls all look very similar externally the G is slightly different in the area surronding the impeller shroud . The A intakes have less "bevel" on the flange the mounts to the boat hull opening . The bearing caps are very different the A seals around the shaft behind the splines vs the later type which seal around the back of the D/L Tom

this is the front veiw of an A pump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.