Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has a solution to this problem. I've asked else where and only got goofy answers. What is the secret to pushing on push-on hose to push-on fittings? I've used hot water, WD-40, silicon, dish soap and nothing seems to get the hose over the second ridge of the fitting.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Who has a solution to this problem. I've asked else where and only got goofy answers. What is the secret to pushing on push-on hose to push-on fittings? I've used hot water, WD-40, silicon, dish soap and nothing seems to get the hose over the second ridge of the fitting.

Here's your goofy answer from me!:D

Have you tried crisco!:D

But seriously I don't have a clue either. Seen others do it and they just push really really really hard. They look like they're about to have a hernia.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've even tried teflon gun lube and that's suppose to be really slippery. It is but not for this.

·
Banned
989 Posts
here is a solution.....go to an fittings and stainless braided hose :D :D

·
Banned
989 Posts
its funny cause i was dealing with this today. if you use the single barb fittings, sometimes its not as bad to get them on and off. those multi-barbed ones really SUCK!

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
I've even tried teflon gun lube and that's suppose to be really slippery. It is but not for this.

You just gotta find a really big dude to push them on for you.:D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Do like your little smiley is doin' there!:D.........:)st

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
Banned
989 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts
Clamp the fitting in a vice with some towels or rags and lube and push like hell. That is how I do it with both the brass and alum AN.

Or join the gym and in 2 years you can do it by hand without the vice assist. :p

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Clamp the fitting in a vice with some towels or rags and lube and push like hell. That is how I do it with both the brass and alum AN.

Or join the gym and in 2 years you can do it by hand without the vice assist. :p
Is this Brian? Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.... and Wheaties didn't work either! I'm about ready to trim down the barbs and go with clamps. It worked great on the water hoses. I'll get a photo up tomorrow sometime.

If I could figure out how to rig up the press (12 ton) I'd try that! :D

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I take an old adapter and clamp it in the vice. Screw the hose end on to it. Put a little greese on the hose end and up inside the hose. Then just slide it down in one good shot all the way to the bottom. I don't know what hose you are using but the Parker Push Lok hose goes together real nice for me.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I take an old adapter and clamp it in the vice. Screw the hose end on to it. Put a little greese on the hose end and up inside the hose. Then just slide it down in one good shot all the way to the bottom. I don't know what hose you are using but the Parker Push Lok hose goes together real nice for me.
Hi Dave,

You know what I've got, I got everything from you. I tried it the way you say to and it moved my shop 3 inches off its foundation. LMAO!!!

I've even soaked the hose in boiling water for 15 minutes and can only get just over the second bump in the fitting and there it stops and goes no further. Dish soap, WD-40, silicon lube, oil, and nothing lets the hose slide all the way on.

Greg

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Hi Greg, my friend that told me how he did his fittings, I didn't mention that he's been lifting weights for almost 20 years now. He's a real big dude. So break out your big :)violent44 and go to battle!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well Rod, I'm too old to start that crap but, I wonder, if I run downtown here in Sacramento if I can get ARNOLD to push these on for me? :)sphss I wonder if he'd be back?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts