Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under high rpm and boost I am pushing alittle oil out valve covers any real fix for this,other than a puke tank?
Ty

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Breather/oil separator with a nipple in each valve cover, to a hose, a AIR check valve and a pipe welded into each collector. Rings in my motor were used when i got them, honed the cylinders...twice, put the rings in another block.....the only time it has pushed oil out is when v/cover grommet ripped. My valve cover don't even have baffles in them.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I am running them on my BBC, twin engine, haven't tested on water yet, but did well on dyno. I bought the Aerospace Components off Ebay.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
First things first, how bout telling us what you're running for exhaust.

Do a search for "pan e vac" or "pan evac" or ?? They work well

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I see what you are saying run a hose from valve covers to exhaust/tail pipe.

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
Vacuum pump set up?? Anyone running one?
After puking oil out all season on a big inch nitrous motor with breathers, we are switching to a vacuum pump. I've used Aeromotive Billet but some have had problems with them in lake/street applications where you get a lot of time on the motor. If the motor sees a lot of run time, I'd look at a GZ motorsports pump. I've run them as well and am acquainted with the owner. He's a good guy and works pretty hard for his customers. A pan evac is a good choice if you run dry headers, but not my first choice for a wet exhaust.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After puking oil out all season on a big inch nitrous motor with breathers, we are switching to a vacuum pump. I've used Aeromotive Billet but some have had problems with them in lake/street applications where you get a lot of time on the motor. If the motor sees a lot of run time, I'd look at a GZ motorsports pump. I've run them as well and am acquainted with the owner. He's a good guy and works pretty hard for his customers. A pan evac is a good choice if you run dry headers, but not my first choice for a wet exhaust.
Thank u , yes I will add this in the winter, this is the last little thing I dont like. Have huge money in motor why stop now to make it 100% right.
Ty Skydog

·
Registered
50 Posts
Being this is not a drag race motor it should not push oil out of the breathers if it has typical valve covers with breathers, this sounds to me like the rings are not seated good. Is the oil getting contaminated with fuel fast? My experience with big HP offshore type motors is when built right and good ring seal motors do not push out oil.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I will check leakdown and compression again but few hours back they where perfect. Motor has about 10 hours on it.I have not had a motor like this not push alittle oil when spinning them 5500-6000 rpm for extended time. I am talking very very small amounts.
Ty Skydog

·
Registered
50 Posts
Gotcha, a little oil would not be a concern, I read your post that it was enough oil that it required attention. I get a little oil residue around breathers after sustained high RPM use. I do not get oil in any amount where it pools or runs down breather/valve cover.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gotcha, a little oil would not be a concern, I read your post that it was enough oil that it required attention. I get a little oil residue around breathers after sustained high RPM use. I do not get oil in any amount where it pools or runs down breather/valve cover.
Yea Awsome buddy, about 2sec on each side with a rag she looks new again. And the oil level does not move. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts