Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to dump the pv on my 800 holley. The motor is a 454 mag ho with a weiand 177 blower(5.5psi). I have heard that you pull the pv, you must go up in jets. If I do so, how many jet sizes do I go up? Do you have to run the PV on a blower motor? I am new to blowers. I usually play with compression motors.Any info is greatly appreciated :)

Spitter

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am going to dump the pv on my 800 holley. The motor is a 454 mag ho with a weiand 177 blower(5.5psi). I have heard that you pull the pv, you must go up in jets. If I do so, how many jet sizes do I go up? Do you have to run the PV on a blower motor? I am new to blowers. I usually play with compression motors.Any info is greatly appreciated :)

Spitter
10. I tried it and didn't like it so I went back. It was just too rich for me at idle on a boat I used for family fun as well as race. Let me know what happens with yours.

·
Mesa AZ
439 Posts
I have power valves on the primary and none on the secondary . I was tols they did it for a rich idle problem. might be the way to go and my jets ar 6 up on the secondary side.

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going 89 squared up. My machinsit/motor builder told me to run like this. Ill try it and post results within 2 weeks :)

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I have never ran power valves in ANY blown motor Iv'e built and the reason being that when the hair dryer gets twisting the vac readings go to left field. I have stated this before and the posts floating around will tell you, They always go fat and that is because everybody steps the jets up way to high. (well almost everybody). IMO shiat can the pv"s and sep up 2 jet sizes and tune from that point. M

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
On a side note the list 4780 holley factory set-up should be 78 primary and 80 on the secondary with a 6.5 power valve front and rear. go 80 on pri and 82 on secondary, go play hard and read the plugs. Or just fire ine the shop and see if the exhaust fumes will bring tears to a glass eye. If not go play and call me in the morning. M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts