Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been boating on this lake? It looks like it is close in size to Tahoe yet I have never heard of anyone boating on it? Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I used to go boating there all the time back with my family when I was young. Not sure if I would take my boat out there. The water is alkali and it does get windy out there.

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Indians selling TACO'S !!

I went to Pyramid Lake in 1960 (I was 13) with my Dad and his friend who had pit passes for the Unlimited Hydroplane races the Indian reservation allowed to run that year.
The racing was great, but the funniest thing I ever saw was the indians (excuse me....native American's) were selling TACO'S to the spectators! This was long before the hispanic takeover of the west coast. Jocko

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
I went to Pyramid Lake in 1960 (I was 13) with my Dad and his friend who had pit passes for the Unlimited Hydroplane races the Indian reservation allowed to run that year.
The racing was great, but the funniest thing I ever saw was the indians (excuse me....native American's) were selling TACO'S to the spectators! This was long before the hispanic takeover of the west coast. Jocko
Usually made on the Indian fry bread folded over.
Delicious.
Their is a little shack in Parker near one of the VFW's that sells them too.
The local Az produce makes a far better salsa than the UC Davis stuff in Cali.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts