Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyday I get a good 10-20 of these guys in the back yard. They eat a couple of bush's, flowers and berries. I decided to keep my gamo air gun ready to go just in case i could line up a good shot. Primarily I needed to get the sent and taste for my girl. She's an accomplished quail hunter turned into counter top surfer/cheerio vacuum because of our 15 month old daughter.:D

These guy's taste great when wrapped around a green chili, tied with bacon, dipped in BBQ sauce and smoked for an hour over mesquite.

And yes I have a licence and a upland game bird stamp.

Any other bird dog pic's out there?

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
what time is dinner?
For some reason Forrest Gump comes to mind when I see one bird... :)sphss

You get a few more of them and you could have a shrimp cocktail... :D :D :D

I suppose we could start off at Cdog's house for appetizers and then head up the hill to 2driver's house for some real food, granted he'd be hard pressed to take anything in his wild kingdom with an airgun. :)devil

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
polenta and Quail, with sundried tomatos, olives, shaved parmisan and lemon juice in the meat mix - topped with fresh basil - and WINE - A shit load of WINE

Ps - kinda small for thankgiving :)

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
Beautiful dog. I've always wanted a weimaraner, but we've always had chocolate labs in my family as our gun dogs. The girlfriend wants a golden retriever, but I want another chocolate or weimaraner.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For some reason Forrest Gump comes to mind when I see one bird... :)sphss

You get a few more of them and you could have a shrimp cocktail... :D :D :D

I suppose we could start off at Cdog's house for appetizers and then head up the hill to 2driver's house for some real food, granted he'd be hard pressed to take anything in his wild kingdom with an airgun. :)devil

There is quite a bit of truth to your comments.

The birds aren't that big compared to your part of town where you have the ghetto bird variety. :D

I've been to the eagles nest. If you can dodge the speeding tickets getting up there, you won't make it past all the Starbucks yuppies calling the cops on you for toting guns around.:D

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
The birds aren't that big compared to your part of town where you have the ghetto bird variety. :D
I've got a covey that lives in my 'hood and they've been eating well. Escaped the hard life of the mountain preserve and set up a little covey mafia shaking down little old ladies for bird seed. I've seen it and it's not pretty. Cats cross the street out of respect when they see the covey. I have thought about breaking out the Crossman, but am afraid of waking up next to a cat head or some kind of even more brutal retaliation. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts