Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. been snoopin around the site for a while. Seems like a cool place with lots of info. Im looking to buy my first boat. I found a 1990 arriva 2450 (24ft)

Ad says-

This boat is lake ready. New engine. low hours not more than 100.
Serviced every year
Very clean
Great gel coat. interior is excellent
large enough for 10 people
Fast 450 HP 502
Rides rough water smoothly
aluminum trailer in excellent condition
cover
3 stainless steel props
xm radio Cd with 4 speaker setup
bimini top
2 batterys with switch to swap
Uses Raw water cooling
Newer aluminimum Trailer
New Tires
only thing not working is the hour meter. Hasnt worked since he bought it.

Pretty much everything ive read about these boats has been good as far as them holding up, and no major problems. Im not trying to set records or anything. Just have a good looking, roomie boat that is semi quick and can fit a good amount of people. Is there anything i should be looking for? or areas to pay attention to? Im pretty sure its been in salt water by its location, but im ganna talk to the guy again to verify. and then ask how he made sure it was washed out after use if that is the case. Thanks for any info, questions or ideas. Just wanna make a well informed purchase.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi there. been snoopin around the site for a while. Seems like a cool place with lots of info. Im looking to buy my first boat. I found a 1990 arriva 2450 (24ft)

Ad says-

This boat is lake ready. New engine. low hours not more than 100.
Serviced every year
Very clean
Great gel coat. interior is excellent
large enough for 10 people
Fast 450 HP 502
Rides rough water smoothly
aluminum trailer in excellent condition
cover
3 stainless steel props
xm radio Cd with 4 speaker setup
bimini top
2 batterys with switch to swap
Uses Raw water cooling
Newer aluminimum Trailer
New Tires
only thing not working is the hour meter. Hasnt worked since he bought it.

Pretty much everything ive read about these boats has been good as far as them holding up, and no major problems. Im not trying to set records or anything. Just have a good looking, roomie boat that is semi quick and can fit a good amount of people. Is there anything i should be looking for? or areas to pay attention to? Im pretty sure its been in salt water by its location, but im ganna talk to the guy again to verify. and then ask how he made sure it was washed out after use if that is the case. Thanks for any info, questions or ideas. Just wanna make a well informed purchase.
from what I remember these were a production boat not very well built I would really look it over the power sounds nice

1 - 2 of 2 Posts