Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
i am a newbie here. I just upgraded my bbc from some logs/snail to some Indmar exhaust manifolds. I have a thermostat kit from jetboatperformance and all the lines hooked up to the old exhaust now with the Indmar manifolds,they dont match up since the Indmar has two places instead of one compared to the logs. Can someone help me out with a diagram? im trying to get back on the water by this weekend.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Indmar made their manifolds so you can have a blocked riser flange or you can plumb water through the flange, how are yours set up?

·
Registered
200 Posts
The question will be on the manifold to riser joint. Is it blocked? Or is it open? You'll need to confirm. Plumbing is easy as long as it's plumbed correctly. The way you have it plumbed right now would assume that the riser flange is blocked. Water comes in from the pump, T"s and goes in the bottom of the back of each manifold, then out of the front of the manifold, into your water inlet T's and the from the thermo housing to the risers (just like they are now).

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The question will be on the manifold to riser joint. Is it blocked? Or is it open? You'll need to confirm. Plumbing is easy as long as it's plumbed correctly. The way you have it plumbed right now would assume that the riser flange is blocked. Water comes in from the pump, T"s and goes in the bottom of the back of each manifold, then out of the front of the manifold, into your water inlet T's and the from the thermo housing to the risers (just like they are now).

Thanks for the reply back Recycle. To be honest,I dont know if it is plumbed correctly since the boat was bought like this. It had Bassett headers that we leaking and then I came across some Indmars. Im hoping these pictures will help you out.

image.jpg

image.jpg
This is from the pump to a T and into the block

image.jpg
Rear part of the engine with a T that dumps over board

image.jpg
This is the back of the exhaust manifold located at the bottom

thanks again for your help

·
Registered
200 Posts
You wont be dumping water over board anymore. So, we are assuming that the riser flange is blocked. In from the jet, "T" into two lines that will go to the back of each manifold. From the front of each manifold, go to the lower side of your water inlet "T" fittings. From the top of the water inlet "T" fittings go to the top of the thermostat fittings. From the bottom of the thermostat fittings, go to the risers. Plug off the thru hull fitting where you were previously dumping water. Done.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thank you for the valuable information!! I will try to look at the boat tonight and see if I can get everything matched up.

If I can't, how much would you charge me to get everything matched up? You can message me if it's easier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts