Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Not a Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had or have a Q-see video surveillance system.
I am looking at one thats on Costcos website. 1 tb DVR and 12 cameras.
It seems like a good system for the money.
We have been having too many issues around the neighborhood and want a system
to watch the house, rv and boat.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just bought q-see's system from costco.com that should be here tomorrow and I could let you know more about it then. I bought the 6 camera/1 remote camera, 16 channel system. Acouple of my friends have it and are happy. I like the fact the cameras are 42 led with 120' night vision.

·
Not a Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I too like that the cameras are 42 led with 120' night vision rating.
I just need to get something soon.
Then maybe catch the F'ers that cut out the wifes catalytic convertor and stole the spare off the back of our Jeep.
So far its just been stuff out of our driveway.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Since I work nights, and my wife works days, and we have neighbors home all the time, we use Smith & Wesson, Beretta, Glock, and Sig Sauer for surveillance. Boarder Collie and Schnauzer as warning devices.

·
Not a Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I just received the system I ordered from Costco.com today.
So I will start installing this weekend.
The Ruger system works as well, but its my deadbeat stay at home neighbors that have me worried during the work week.

·
Not a Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed 8 of my cameras this past Sunday. This Q-see system works great. The picture quality is good and you can set it to record only when motion is detected. You can also control what the camera sees as far as motion. Some of my cameras can see the street in front of my house and by adjusting the motion field it keeps from recording every time a car goes by. The remote monitoring took a few hours to set up last night. (I'm no i.t. guy). So now I can view the cameras from work or on my smart phone. It will also send you e-mail alerts if a camera is tripped. Pretty cool stuff :))THumbsUp.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
I installed 8 of my cameras this past Sunday. This Q-see system works great. The picture quality is good and you can set it to record only when motion is detected. You can also control what the camera sees as far as motion. Some of my cameras can see the street in front of my house and by adjusting the motion field it keeps from recording every time a car goes by. The remote monitoring took a few hours to set up last night. (I'm no i.t. guy). So now I can view the cameras from work or on my smart phone. It will also send you e-mail alerts if a camera is tripped. Pretty cool stuff :))THumbsUp.
How many FPS...?
Is 'motion' smooth or jittery?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts