Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OOPS A1000 Fuel pump not A100.....

Good pumps, ok pumps, bad pumps?

Application: EFI on a street car, not a daily driver but when time permits it goes out for a few hours here and there..

Thanks in advance,
Denis

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i was gonna use 1 on my boat build but i hear you have to buy the aeromotive voltage controller to make them live, they don't like continuous duty:mad: read to many threads on yb bout em goin down even with a bypass regulator.might check into it, but that's why i backed away from em.wanted my pump to match my regulator too:|err

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Hi Denis...
how's it goin'?...from my understanding, its a good pump, but, thats alot of pump!...is it a BBC street racer?...u might be better off with a Holley black!...i think ur gonna have to use a reg with anyway u go :)

FastRat

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Denis...
how's it goin'?...from my understanding, its a good pump, but, thats alot of pump!...is it a BBC street racer?...u might be better off with a Holley black!...i think ur gonna have to use a reg with anyway u go :)

FastRat
It's going..........

510ci BBC- Kinsler Stack EFI. Lots of work done to the motor. I need 45psi. Thanks

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was gonna use 1 on my boat build but i hear you have to buy the aeromotive voltage controller to make them live, they don't like continuous duty:mad: read to many threads on yb bout em goin down even with a bypass regulator.might check into it, but that's why i backed away from em.wanted my pump to match my regulator too:|err
Yea I seen the spendy controller. Hmmmm I will have to look hard at other options.....

Thanks for the info.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Yea I seen the spendy controller. Hmmmm I will have to look hard at other options.....

Thanks for the info.
the aeromotive belt drive would work perfect but its alil overkill for what you're doin. the new aeromotive pumps that are "pro series" are supposed to handle the constant duty better than the older versions. i'm gonna buy the obx version that's 200bucks from ebay and try it, obx also makes a knock off copy of the aeromotive belt drive pump, but its only 149 bucks compared to the 499 aeromotive.if i had a way of driving the belt drive obx pump i'd go for it and never worry bout supply again. the belt driven pumps will make nuff pressure during cranking to fire it up too.my uncle's aeromotive belt drive pump was making around 55psi just cranking the damn motor!

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
It's going..........

510ci BBC- Kinsler Stack EFI. Lots of work done to the motor. I need 45psi. Thanks
I have the same pump but have not run it yet, my research lead me to this pump. From what I understand, if you are returning back to the tank
and you have at least 10 gallons of fuel you should be fine.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I have the same pump but have not run it yet, my research lead me to this pump. From what I understand, if you are returning back to the tank
and you have at least 10 gallons of fuel you should be fine.
you've ran 1? cause i'd sure like to as well but i've been told time after time they won't work for what we do.

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
I have run quite a few of them. However we use the marine one that has the hard anodized body and the marine regulator with the return. Never had a problem yet. A few have been running for 3 or 4 years. The two on my boat have about 80 hours on them and still running strong.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
sorry guys, i was thinking about a a2000 pump all along , that's the pump i was mentioning that doesn't like continuous duty and requires the controller, the a1000 is a standalone pump.

outlaw, did aeromotive say the a1000 would keep up with your blow thru deal or is this on something else? i figured your blow thru set-up would make alot more hp than what that a1000 would hole up too. if the a1000 will carry your big bbc blow thru deal fine, it'd handle my lil blow thru mota you'd think:)bulb quickfuel told me i need at least 220gph at 35psi to keep ontop of the carb's fuel demand on my deal.

·
The Great Humongous
700 Posts
Been running an A1000 on my blown 496 for 5 years now, not a single problem (unlike the piece of $hit Barry Grant on my v-drive).

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry guys, i was thinking about a a2000 pump all along , that's the pump i was mentioning that doesn't like continuous duty and requires the controller, the a1000 is a standalone pump.

outlaw, did aeromotive say the a1000 would keep up with your blow thru deal or is this on something else? i figured your blow thru set-up would make alot more hp than what that a1000 would hole up too. if the a1000 will carry your big bbc blow thru deal fine, it'd handle my lil blow thru mota you'd think:)bulb quickfuel told me i need at least 220gph at 35psi to keep ontop of the carb's fuel demand on my deal.
See how you are!!! Hey no big I wrote A100!! Stuff happens....

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BD and P money, thats good news. I thought they was a good continuos duty pump, I just needed more real time data b 4 I dropped the coin...

Thanks, Denis

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
The Schiada I recently bought has one and seems to be fine. I am switching oever to run on E-85 and we will see.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts

from the web site

A1000 Fuel Pump, P/N 11101
Fuel Injected Engines:
up to 1300 HP - naturally aspirated
up to 1000 HP - forced air induction
Carbureted Engines:
up to 1500 HP - naturally aspirated
up to 1200 HP - forced air induction

• ORB-10 inlet and outlet ports.
• Flows 700 lbs/hr @ 45 PSI and 13.5V.
• For EFI applications use regulator P/N 13101 or P/N 13109.
• Flows 900 lbs/hr @ 8 PSI and 13.5V.
• For carbureted applications use regulator P/N 13204.
• Fully submersible for custom, in-tank placement.
• Perfect for “blow-through” carbureted engines up to 1200 HP.
• Billet Speed Pump Controller (P/N 16302) recommended for EFI street applications

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
from the web site

A1000 Fuel Pump, P/N 11101
Fuel Injected Engines:
up to 1300 HP - naturally aspirated
up to 1000 HP - forced air induction
Carbureted Engines:
up to 1500 HP - naturally aspirated
up to 1200 HP - forced air induction

• ORB-10 inlet and outlet ports.
• Flows 700 lbs/hr @ 45 PSI and 13.5V.
• For EFI applications use regulator P/N 13101 or P/N 13109.
• Flows 900 lbs/hr @ 8 PSI and 13.5V.
• For carbureted applications use regulator P/N 13204.
• Fully submersible for custom, in-tank placement.
• Perfect for “blow-through” carbureted engines up to 1200 HP.
• Billet Speed Pump Controller (P/N 16302) recommended for EFI street applications

see, i wasn't totally crazy:D i'm gonna try the obx pro series pump, its supposed to support alot more than the a1000 and its 249.00. hell it might not last a trip but i'll try 1, for the price i can afford to keep a spare:

This Pump Flows Over 1000lbs Per Hour @ 13.5V Set Fuel Pressure At 45 PSI.

EFI Engines:

Supports Up To 2000HP Naturally Aspirated Motors.

Supports Up To 1450HP On Forced Induction Engines.

Carburetor Engines:

-12AN Inlet And -12AN Outlet Ports.

Dual Chamber Pump Design.

Design For Race Engines Running Naturally Aspirated or Forced Induction.

Feed Your Monster With Nicely Crafted Beautiful Design Yet Reliable And Durable OBX EFI Fuel Pump.

CNC Machined Housing From Aerospace Quality Aluminum.

Pump Measured: Length 7.50" Width 3.50"

Components Parts Featured:T-304 stainless Steel Rollers,6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum Alloy Plates And 6061 End Plates.

Durable Components That Simply Don't Wear, Plus Comes With Lifetime Warranty From Manufacturer Defects.

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
see, i wasn't totally crazy:D i'm gonna try the obx pro series pump, its supposed to support alot more than the a1000 and its 249.00. hell it might not last a trip but i'll try 1, for the price i can afford to keep a spare:

This Pump Flows Over 1000lbs Per Hour @ 13.5V Set Fuel Pressure At 45 PSI.

EFI Engines:

Carburetor Engines:

-12AN Inlet And -12AN Outlet Ports.

Dual Chamber Pump Design.

Design For Race Engines Running Naturally Aspirated or Forced Induction.

Feed Your Monster With Nicely Crafted Beautiful Design Yet Reliable And Durable OBX EFI Fuel Pump.

CNC Machined Housing From Aerospace Quality Aluminum.

Pump Measured: Length 7.50" Width 3.50"

Components Parts Featured:T-304 stainless Steel Rollers,6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum Alloy Plates And 6061 End Plates.

Durable Components That Simply Don't Wear, Plus Comes With Lifetime Warranty From Manufacturer Defects.

I am going to look at that pump. Good warranty as long as they are around when it fails. The deal on the A1000 needing a $350 billet controller seems funky and spendy to me, more BS to wire in and have go wrong... I want to keep the car simple and clean with minimal gadgets and electronic wizardry...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts