Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for Alan..Boat Cop. If a green and gray DCB,,,,Flew by me going up towards the Sandbar, So close as to spray me in my boat . I saw him comming so i held my line and speed close as possible to the right......Funny thing no one even insight comming towards us,He could of used the entire left side of the river.......Since I am filming a movie at Havasu,,,I ,captured the whole thing on video.HD... His approach......nice wake jump over my wake...Kind of scary....And the on the throttles....32 ' back on course....Should i post this vid to show want not to do ???

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Why is that a question to boatcop? Unless you asking if the guy can get a ticket based on your footage..

The answer to your question is OF COURSE YOU SHOULD POST THE VIDEO. :)

By the way, when you say "spray you" in your boat.. are you referring to some "mist" or are you saying this guy put gallons of water on and in your boat?

I know the haters will say either is too close.. but boating in parker you get used to closed quarter boating and sometimes a little "mist" is inevitable.. I.E. I've had a jetboat go by diverter up probably 30' away from me, but I could still feel quite a bit of mist on me, in the boat etc.. Just because the wind carried it over.

What movie are you filming in havasu? Pegged II?

RD

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,238 Posts
:)LegHump

·
MAMA TRIED
1,630 Posts
did this green grey dcb say BROKEr with the R being backwards? Just wondering cause i saw that boat roll through this weekend into pirate cove and thought the name was cool. Gold leaf lettering on the Broke part.

If not sorry for calling out the above guy if its not the same guy. the boat i saw was a nice boat.

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,812 Posts
Definitely post it up.

As far as the legality of the maneuver, that's a gray area. There are no regulations stating minimum distance in an overtaking situation. Only that the overtaking boat must keep clear of the overtaken boat.

I suppose that the "catch-all" Negligent Operation (Any boat operation that has the potential to cause damage to property or injury to persons) might apply. The burden would be on the State to prove how and why this operation was hazardous. Just overtaking in close quarters by itself probably wouldn't apply, absent a collision or other damaging result of the maneuver. (Spray sufficient to restrict the vision/view of the operator of the overtaken boat, excessive water splashed in to cause danger of sinking, etc)

Unfortunately you can't legislate against stupidity or for courtesy.

·
ERECT MEMBER
2,362 Posts
did this green grey dcb say BROKEr with the R being backwards? Just wondering cause i saw that boat roll through this weekend into pirate cove and thought the name was cool. Gold leaf lettering on the Broke part.

If not sorry for calling out the above guy if its not the same guy. the boat i saw was a nice boat.
sure its a dcb? there is a green, grey, black 33 eliminator rolling around. Twin 700 mercs. guy says he hit 125 on his maiden voyage. He seemed like a nice guy when talking to him and I believe he is a PB member

·
Banne'd
2,426 Posts
Definitely post it up.

As far as the legality of the maneuver, that's a gray area. There are no regulations stating minimum distance in an overtaking situation. Only that the overtaking boat must keep clear of the overtaken boat.

I suppose that the "catch-all" Negligent Operation (Any boat operation that has the potential to cause damage to property or injury to persons) might apply. The burden would be on the State to prove how and why this operation was hazardous. Just overtaking in close quarters by itself probably wouldn't apply, absent a collision or other damaging result of the maneuver. (Spray sufficient to restrict the vision/view of the operator of the overtaken boat, excessive water splashed in to cause danger of sinking, etc)

Unfortunately you can't legislate against stupidity or for courtesy.

I thought I saw a 60' rule on the AZGF web site, or is that 60' from a person being towed on a rope???

yup

• Maneuvering quickly, turning sharply or swerving
unless the maneuver is necessary to avoid a​
collision within 60 feet of another watercraft.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.