Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We sold our boat back on June 5, 2012 to a guy. He low balled us on the price (1500 of 4000 asking) . I accepted after talking to my wife. He gave me the cash and said he would come get it in two weeks and would fill out his half on the title, back in June. I have not seen or heard from him in months. I dont know his name or phone number. I put up an add for him to get a hold of me on craigslist to call me and/or pick up the boat (where he saw the boat). It has been up since late June. We have paid over $400 in marina fees now, another $100 end of this month. We put up an ad this time around that the boat will be sold to someone else if he dont act. We still have the title and keys. Time is ticking. We will be moving next month. What should a person do? Keep the add up that our boat is up For Sale and see if this guy pops up out of the woods? We cant leave it in the marina next month.

Norcal73

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
You have the title, his name isn't on it, you've made public announcements, no bill of sale in his hand (?).

Boat is yours it sounds like.
Morally, how long do you wait? It's in your name and you are storing it for him.
Screw that.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
He has your phone number, two weeks after the promise time and no phone call his low ball price has expired and his payment turned into a refundable deposit that decreased by $17 every day.

You have been patient far and above anyone's reasonable expectations.....after a month an no contact i would had though he died, whisper him a RIP and been on my way. And if he shows up after the boat is sold and you got better money than he paid and comes up with a decent story about why he got lost flip him small refund if it will help you sleep better....

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. The marina is 100 feet from our place. We get to see the boat every day just by walking outside. I have told family and friends that we cant use the boat ever since June 5. Been keeping the boat clean every other week at the dock. Only boat that is going with us when we move is the Sanger V-drive.

Norcal73

·
PB Member #26
956 Posts
Sorry... I forgot my boat... Where did I leave it again? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
3 almost 4 months, sorry he is done. Sell it to someone else and if he shows later it was used up in storage and marina fees. I sold 3 cars to a guy one time years back...he paid and said the same thing back to pick up in 2 weeks, called him for 2 months then they went to someone else. Never did hear back from him.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I would print your ads from you trying to locate him as well as any emails from the purchase and put them in a file for your records.

·
Registered
71 Posts
...umm..completeley forgot I gave you the money for your boat..What is the address.?. Get my paperwork together and I will be over to pick up my boat..:happy:

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I would definitely get some legal advice from someone that knows the law. It could come back to bite you otherwise.
If you do find the guy, I would definitely charge him storage fees before rendering the title.

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Check the jails and/or coroners websites for his name :happy:

It might make your decision to re-list it for sale an easier decision...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts