Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have friends that live in the Bay Area, talked about towing the boat up to San Luis Rey Resv. in the past and spending the weedend there. Are there limits to the type of boat, what one can and can not do, speed limits, what are the launch ramps like. Any other suggestions on where to go in that area?

·
Laps Timed By Sundial
580 Posts
BIG lake, with not many boats for Good reason, it can be the WINDEST place on earth. mo' betta you go to the CAL DELTA.

p.s. check War Canoe pics in thread elkhorn launch

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Water level is very low, doubt there are any launch ramps that reach the water.

·
Cheers for beers!
609 Posts
San Luis sucks unless you are going fishing in a boat. I drive by there quite often and there are little islands poping up due to the low water. Delta would be the way to go.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While then, after a couple of replys I guess the conclusion is the Delta. Where would one recommend to launch and putt around for the day?

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
delta-its a big play ground with plenty of water to run or cruise, alot of nice places to stop and have snacks or lunch, just hit up one our DLBERS(delta luch bunch) buddies we are always looking a reason to stay gone all day or for some really good info...:)devil

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you have never been there; GET A MAP. It is a maze - hundreds of miles long and much of it looks the same. Very easy to get lost....

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Frankos map is the map to get...

Google them...We launch at Wimpys near the 5 fwy, but there are many ramps. 10 bux...Disco bay is 20 !!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
just bring a gps to the delta

If you wanna go to a lake check out don pedro or mcclure

·
WERD!
792 Posts
San Louis s filling up fast and nicely! BUT, as stated above it is windy as hell. I drive by it daily tand the last few days Ive seen nothing but whitecaps. Ive been fishing there and Forebay and its CONSTANT wind at ALL Hours of the day l):ame

1 - 12 of 12 Posts