Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
If you had 300 k in cash .where would you put it right now?
Do the right thing Hooli, buy all the heroin you can!!:D

·
Registered
694 Posts
Non US Dollar denominated assets. Stuff like very high quality foreign stocks, foreign denominated currency mutual funds, a bit of precious metals, etc.

Since the US dollar is sliding versus other strong foreign currencies, US Dollar purchasing power is eroding fast and this trend will likely continue.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Non US Dollar denominated assets. Stuff like very high quality foreign stocks, foreign denominated currency mutual funds, a bit of precious metals, etc.

Since the US dollar is sliding versus other strong foreign currencies, US Dollar purchasing power is eroding fast and this trend will likely continue.
Just read an article yesterday about Gold going to $5K an oz. No I don't believe it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sounds rich but if the world moves away from the US Dollar peg, this would likey move gold to a new and higher trading range.

With the federal reserves printing presses going 24/7, Obama's record budget deficits, projected budget deficits, trade deficits, the value of the USD has no where to go but down. All those dollars held by foreign nations will reverse flow at some point. Then inflation will trip the dollar like never before.

·
Canatard
3,341 Posts
With the economic crisis and the end of my job looming, I invested heavily in Kraft Dinner. I have several cases and I'm prepared to pick up several more if I find an opportunity to purchse them below market.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Just read an article yesterday about Gold going to $5K an oz. No I don't believe it.
gold will likely move higher for the short term, however it is a risky bet IMO because it is going to be falsely inflated with all the bail out money spent world wide. when the bubble pops the gold market will correct (my guess is 800-850)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sounds rich but if the world moves away from the US Dollar peg, this would likey move gold to a new and higher trading range.

With the federal reserves printing presses going 24/7, Obama's record budget deficits, projected budget deficits, trade deficits, the value of the USD has no where to go but down. All those dollars held by foreign nations will reverse flow at some point. Then inflation will trip the dollar like never before.
the US isnt the only ones who cant keep ink on the shelves, the Brits, Japan, China have all spent billions/trillions as well...the move down will be a global one which is better for the dollar.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts