Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am thinking about E-85 fuel, What I have is a 461 BBC, And got a real good deal on a 671 Blower, My question is which would be better to run carbs or injection. I do race, and also use it on the lakes and river.
Thanks in advance.

·
Village Idiot
3,459 Posts
When you say you do some racing, what racing do you do? Is is a race boat that gets put on the lake, or lake boat that gets raced? If it is a race boat (where you are willing to sacrifice for all out performance) then go injected. If giving up a little HP to keep from having to maintain it sounds better then go carberated.

Paul

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Andy and I will both tell you to go injected. You have no idea how close I came to going EFI on my deal, still might.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I ran a four port Hilborn injection on my lake boat for a couple of years and loved them. It gave a hole new meaning to throttle response ! The reason that I took them off was that you had to know how to start it and I couldn't let someone drive so I could ski. The way I had them set up I never primed the motor as it always fired up on the starter. :)

Gary

·
Registered
232 Posts
671 is small

small blowers build tons of heat, 8-71 is small to me.

all comes down to cubic $$

Am thinking about E-85 fuel, What I have is a 461 BBC, And got a real good deal on a 671 Blower, My question is which would be better to run carbs or injection. I do race, and also use it on the lakes and river.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks in advance.
Injected on E-85. Gotta love it.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts