419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Board seems slow so I am just wondering:

River at the Dock How Much is Gas Now!

Who:
Is holding Off due to Fuel.

Who:
Put in a Bigger Impeller for fuel savings

Who: Is just saying screw it anyway, and not changing anything.

Who: Put the new Gas Saving Tires ABC-TV is pushing on there Boats.

Is it still one of the cheaper vacations for Family and Friends.

Is it easy to get a Slip @ Kathrines Landing this Year.

·
Registered
911 Posts
$5.20 for 91 on the water. I put just shy of $250 in the boat this past weekend.

The only thing that changed was I fired my gardner.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$5.20 for 91 on the water. I put just shy of $250 in the boat this past weekend.

The only thing that changed was I fired my gardner.
That's Great Rebel thinking- Got the Will find the Way! Was He Legal, I mean did you pay the Big Bucks or did he just drag everyone else bermuda over on to your yard also.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well what i am doing this season is always trying too have a full boat so we can all split the gas. My boat is not that bad but it cost me $100 too fill two 15 gallon tanks. So, the more people too split the cost the better. We are also not going in June and waiting for July.

Mike

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I am not from your part of the country but gas hear is 3.55 to 3.85 a gallon and I am going to burn the shat out of it this summer!!:)hand First time back on the lake in 6 years and gonna make the best of it!! WT:)devil

Coby

·
Registered
911 Posts
That's Great Rebel thinking- Got the Will find the Way! Was He Legal, I mean did you pay the Big Bucks or did he just drag everyone else bermuda over on to your yard also.
I doubt he was legal, but $80 a month is nothing to sneeze at an equals an extra fill up. He brings the dandelions, the bermuda creeps in from the neighbors yard.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
I am not from your part of the country but gas hear is 3.55 to 3.85 a gallon and I am going to burn the shat out of it this summer!!:)hand First time back on the lake in 6 years and gonna make the best of it!! WT:)devil

Coby
:))eek:))$3.55:))eek:))

$3.55, that was like a month ago!!!:|err

I just payed $3.89 this morning on my way to work!!!:((((((

Gas prices can kiss my ass!:|err I bought a boat, so they decided to go through the roof. Got too much time and money into it to sell it now, so I'm saying fuck it, and I'm going to run it.:D (when it gets done of course.;))

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
$4.09 a gallon for 87 octane this morning. Gas prices for the motorhome and boat killed my Memorial Day weekend vacation this year, with the crap economy, slow work, and high gas prices we had to stay home. Just as well, took the boat out on Monday to El Cap and an hour and a half later it was running like sh!t anyway.

·
northern member
602 Posts
$1.33 a litre here for 87 x 4 = $ 5.32 for a US gal. and our dollar is right around par with you guys lately. ssoooo i'd say were really getting focked!!!:mad: there is less boats on the river this year and we haven't been out much but it's still early and been busy with other things . pops , anything new happening ? i did a slight cut on the front side of one of the last bronze impeller's you sent and am really happy with what it's doing , gives a wider range with a real nice pull :) i will send you a pm

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
i paid $4.95 at the marina in havasu for 91

yeah, the gas prices suck, but when you put it into perspective, its not THAT bad.

$1 increase for 30 gallons is only $30 more. ....$30/$60/$90 shouldnt make or break your trip.

I went through about 45 gallons in the boat and about 40 gallons in the truck

with the gas prices the way they are compaired to last years prices, i maybe spent an extra $100-$125.

my logic might be off, but it helps from keeping my asshole puckering at the pump.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I decided to leave the 350 olds in alittle longer and not to put the 454 in yet also dont go out much and when we do I dont run hard

·
Registered
911 Posts

yeah, the gas prices suck, but when you put it into perspective, its not THAT bad.

$1 increase for 30 gallons is only $30 more. ....$30/$60/$90 shouldnt make or break your trip.

with the gas prices the way they are compaired to last years prices, i maybe spent an extra $100-$125.

my logic might be off, but it helps from keeping my asshole puckering at the pump.
Thats kind of how I try to see it. Sure it is expensive, but in perspective it could be worse.
I mean what if the price of beer went up a few dollars a case!

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Thats kind of how I try to see it. Sure it is expensive, but in perspective it could be worse.
I mean what if the price of beer went up a few dollars a case!
I'd bitch about it to myself momentarily, then reach in the cooler & grab another case. :)devil That way I figure I'll be money ahead in case they bump the price again, lol..... :D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Board seems slow so I am just wondering:

River Who:

Put in a Bigger Impeller for fuel savings

This doesn't always work does it. You need the Hp to turn the bigger impeller.

Years and yrs ago I blew up a roller cammed 472 Ford, ported heads, good performance Hi- rise dual plane intake. The pump had an A impeller in it.

Two months later rebuilt a milder 460 with a Comp cams 280 flat tappet. That poor engine about died pulling that A to 4,000 grand. It took so much more throttle effort to pull that rpm and used a lot more fuel doing it. A lot more.
The built engine just had a bunch more trq and power in reserve.

Sleeper CP :D

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
This doesn't always work does it. You need the Hp to turn the bigger impeller.

Years and yrs ago I blew up a roller cammed 472 Ford, ported heads, good performance Hi- rise dual plane intake. The pump had an A impeller in it.

Two months later rebuilt a milder 460 with a Comp cams 280 flat tappet. That poor engine about died pulling that A to 4,000 grand. It took so much more throttle effort to pull that rpm and used a lot more fuel doing it. A lot more.
The built engine just had a bunch more trq and power in reserve.

Sleeper CP :D
So if I blow right through the supposed max RPM for my motor/cam/heads, then maybe I should go from an "A" to a what? B? AA? If my impellor looks like a worn out ginzu knife that someone cut rocks with, what effect would that have? Should I take this to a seperate thread in the jets area?

·
Registered
288 Posts

thats a great way to look at it but in the real world its costing me way more on gas all week long so i will be cutting back on boating this year forsure.:)hand

1 - 20 of 21 Posts